Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
face tingling (Read 2906 times)
pathowell
New Poster

I love fishing

Hillsboro Ohio
face tingling
May 12th, 2009 at 4:00pm

Hi, I had surgery on March 10th of this year. I am still having face tingling anyone else with this problem. p.s. I had unilateral moyamoya

Patty Howell

IP Logged

Becky
Old-Time Poster

Stroke10/03, Diagnosed6/04,
Unilateral Surgery9/04

Minneapolis, USA, usa, 303, 84, MN, Minnesota
Re: face tingling
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2009 at 6:19pm

You are normal!! i have unilateral MM. and I had the tingeling last for  a while. Is it constant. I tinggeled more when I would wake up from my many naps. If this continues please call your neurologest or surgen and let him know what your symtoms are.  what surgery(s) did you have done. I will pary for you to feel better.
Becky

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. And sometimes leaves a cool looking scar.     STA-MCA bypass and EMS Surgeries done at same time at the Mayo clinic

IP Logged

pathowell
New Poster

I love fishing

Hillsboro Ohio
Reply #2 - May 12th, 2009 at 6:30pm

I had the bypass surgery. The tingling is almost constant and all over my face. I am trying to ignore it. When did you have your surgery? Thanks for your help Patty

Patty Howell

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 12th, 2009 at 10:40pm

You may be having these symptoms because of the type of surgery you had. For example, if you had the “indirect” type surgery (EDAS) in March, that can take anywhere from 6-12 months before you get the proper blood flow to the brain. (If it was successful) BUT, please know, it may NOT be normal to have those symptoms!. Only a doctor that knows your specific case can make that call. Every MM case is different. MM is a progressive disease and it commonly affects both sides of the brain. Even though you were diagnosed with unilateral MMD, it may progress to the other side of the brain at any time. So tingling or ANY stroke like symptoms should NEVER be ignored or considered normal, especially if only one side of the brain was treated. I would get those answers from your neurosurgeon that knows your specifics.

Smiley

Mar

IP Logged

Becky
Old-Time Poster

Stroke10/03, Diagnosed6/04,
Unilateral Surgery9/04

Minneapolis, USA, usa, 303, 84, MN, Minnesota
Reply #4 - May 13th, 2009 at 12:45pm

Patty,
What I ment to say inted of you being normal is that you are not alone.

I had my surgery almost 5 years ago. And Mar is right, about bring this up with your neurologest/ surgen. I had a direct and indirect bypass, and my neurologest Told me that i might feel tingling when I wake up from the blood flow moving. He also said if it is all over and lasts a long time then i need to call him imediatly. Everyone's symtoms are diffrent and that is why good communication to a MM specialest is inportant. i am sorry for any miss communication. Thank you Mar for correcting me.
Becky

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. And sometimes leaves a cool looking scar.     STA-MCA bypass and EMS Surgeries done at same time at the Mayo clinic

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 13th, 2009 at 10:15pm

For the record, I certainly was not correcting you Becky. I’m sorry you felt that way. I just thought it was so important that Patty or any new member reading this thread would not think it’s normal at any time to have stroke like symptoms and ignore them. What may be a continual episode or symptom for one MM patient may be a warning of a pending stroke for another, and IMO, should be evaluated. So I felt it should be noted.

IP Logged

pathowell
New Poster

I love fishing

Hillsboro Ohio
Reply #6 - May 14th, 2009 at 8:09am

Thanks all for your input and advice. I was told that it would take at least six months for increased blood flow. I am not having tia's nothing like before the surgery. I spoke with Teresa, and since my initial angio was very clean on the left side, it may not be my moyamoya that is causing it. Thanks again Patty

Patty Howell

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge