Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
3 year ANNIVERSARY (Oh boya!) (Read 2320 times)
lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
3 year ANNIVERSARY (Oh boya!)
Aug 26th, 2009 at 1:17am

Can you believe it has been 3 years? I am shocked. The time is flying. Well, August 25th, 2006 was my first surgery and the second side was a few days later on the 29th! Overall, I am doing pretty well. I still have a few sx's but they are all a fraction of what they were before surgery. I am truly blessed. (unfortunately, other issues are blurring my overall health) I still have a nagging severe sleep apnea. The docs here, can't understand how it increased from moderate to severe after my MM surgery! I don't have a significate wt problem and I have even "lost" wt! Go figure??? Anyhow....that and yesterday, I was just told I have no other choice but to schedule a hysterectomy surgery. Well, LOL....that's just my extravagant way of soliciting free "chocolate" (it works)

My family is doing well....they are all athletic, strong and super smart. My 2nd son finished a 26K marathon in May. My 3rd son's team just placed 3rd in a multi-state Rugby Tournament. Meanwhile, I seem to be slowly falling apart and my cognitive abilities are certainly being challenged. But....hey, my teeth are white, my skin is super....and hair color is readily available (so life is good)

On a personal note...(one less stress) 6 months ago, we took our house off the realty market after almost 3 yrs of a depressing Ohio real estate. Instead, we did a refinancing and I even got the County Auditors to lower our property taxes significantly. We wanted to downsize to help finance the tuitions of our two sons in medical school. But, for now we have reshuffled things and it all has a way of working itself out. NO MORE short notice house showings! Yeah!

Oh....and my oldest son....graduated last year with his MBA in Airport Management and is employed by Delta.

AND tomorrow is the first day of school for the twins! They will start 8th grade. Now....with everyone back at school, college or work.....my house will actually be on a decent schedule again! Summers are a free-for-all with round the clock eaters. I felt like I was running a diner...not a home!

So...there you have my updated journal.....guess I shouldn't be away for so long. I appologize...just it has been a very busy year.

It's nice to see MANY familiar faces here on the board. Looks like I have missed a lot of birthdays posted and some fun titbits of information. So sorry guys. I am a bit out of touch. Hoping to come in a bit more often.
Wishing you all are doing well......take care.....Diane : )

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

KTiller
Senior Poster

Freeland, USA, usa, 51, 28, WA, Washington
Re: 3 year ANNIVERSARY (Oh boya!)
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 3:09am

Happy Anniversary, Diane!
Wow, what a busy year it's been. Glad the house is off the market and you can settle in once again - that must be a tremendous relief. Sorry to hear of your upcoming surgery. I'll be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Be sure to pack LOTS of chocolate in your overnight bag.
Hugs,
Kim
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2009 at 3:10am by KTiller »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge