Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dr. Gregory Zipfel - Washington U., St. Louis, MO (Read 7377 times)
disneygirl
Junior Poster

Blessed MM Survivor

Danville, Illinois
Dr. Gregory Zipfel - Washington U., St. Louis, MO
Sep 28th, 2009 at 1:47pm

I had surgery with Dr. Zipfel and he is a great physician.  He sees patients with moyamoya every week and has been doing bypass surgeries for serveral years.  He is familar with both direct and indirect bypass procedures. 
He did not do my bypass surgery but took care of me when I developed a nasty infection after bypass surgery.  He went back in and cleaned out the wound.  I would highly recommed him to anyone with moyamoya.  I do not think that he does children though.  You can contact his office by calling
314-362-3577.

Dr. Steinberg at Stanford did my bypass surgery and as many ohters have said he is also a wonderful physician.  I highly recommend either of these two physicians for anyone with moyamoya disease. 
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2010 at 1:04pm by DJ »  

First stroke in 1974
Diagnosis in March 2009
Surgeries in April 2009

IP Logged

Halimah
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: What infection and sharing of experience post surg
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 5:33am

Hi Disneygirl,

I am now in Qatar and had just returned from Stanford after performing EC-IC bypass with Dr. Steinberg on 22nd and 29th sept respectively. I am curious abt your infection because when I returned to Doha on 10th of Oct the next morning I found some blood stains on my pillow.

I went to see the local neurosurgeon the next day and he said it is ok. Now so far there is no more bleeding but I am curious to know what had happened to you.

And to the rest who had done similar surgeries can you share your experiences on post surgery matters for example:
1) How do you feel? Any pain on the wound?
2) How do you sleep? Depending on the exact location of the incision - as for me my right is on the outside of my ear and the left is behind my ear. Dr. Steinberg said that is how I am designed.

Your sharing of experience would be very useful

Regards
Halimah

IP Logged

Little Luca
Senior Poster

Whatever it takes

Somerset West, South Africa
Re: Dr. Gregory Zipfel Washington University St. Louis
Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 7:43am

Hey Halimah

Welcome to the site. Can I suggest you post under the section called "Moyamoya Related Information and Support", I'm sure you'll find more people will see your post and be able to answer your specific questions. Here's the link:

http://www.moyamoya.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=news

My little girl has moyamoya and she's too young to give feedback on how she's feeling, so unfortunately I have no answers for your questions.

Take care
Mark (Luca's Dad)

1st stroke in September 2008, age 10 months
Bi-lateral mm diagnosis
2nd stroke in November 2008, age 1 year old
Left side surgery in December 2008
13 years on now
Doing just great!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge