Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dr. Dirks - Toronto, Canada (Read 10830 times)
joshandmom9770
Junior Poster

I Love MM.com!

Dr. Dirks - Toronto, Canada
Jan 5th, 2010 at 11:40pm

My son who is 12 was diagonised with mm about 9 months ago and has had an indirect surgery done on the left side , having not known alot or nothing about the disease when i first heard Moya Moya this site helped alot , he has had the surgery done at the Hospital for Sick Kids in Toronto , Ontario , Canada by an amazing surgeon Dr .Dirks , when we first heard teh diagonisis we were going to run to the states to have teh surgery done but being in a different country the cost was overwhelming , and with it being a rare disease there is not alot known about it in the mediacal world , but if you are in Canada and get the mm diagonosis i highly reccomend Dr.Dirks , my son is doing amazing since his surgery on November 24 / 09 , he is back in school and we go next week for his 6 week follow up appointment , the scar looks amazing and i have a little boy looking forward to baseball season to begin again in the spring.
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2010 at 1:00pm by DJ »  

IP Logged

triciab
New Poster

My daughter, Amanda, has
moyamoya.

Hanmer, Canada, canada, 381, 398, ON, Ontario
Re: MM doc in Toronto
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2010 at 12:20am

I totally agree with you, my daughter also had Dr. Dirks as her surgeon in 2000. She is now 20 years old and her new neuro-surgeon is Dr. Tymianski at Toronto Western Hospital. Best wishes to you and your family.

IP Logged

joshandmom9770
Junior Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 5:17pm

I see you have the info , i knwo at first they were going to do the direct approach and the doc from toronto western was going to come to sick kids and work with Dr.Dirks but because Joshs arteries were so small and he had not had any episodes they decided the indirect apprach would be better . He is recovering amazing and pretty much back to normal except no contact sports !!

IP Logged

Dawn
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2010 at 12:06pm

HI!!

My daughter will be 9 in April. She's had 2 surgeries by Dr. Peter Dirks at SickKids, Toronto, ON , Canada. She also had strokes after each surgery but is recovering well. We highly recommend our neurologist Dr. Conrad Yim from Trillium Health Centre in Mississauga. He first suspected Moyamoya after our daughter's EEG, then further tests at SickKids confirmed it.

Dawn

IP Logged

joshandmom9770
Junior Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 7:03pm

Well it went good it Benn a few mouths and he is good

IP Logged

joshandmom9770
Junior Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #5 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 10:38pm

I am sorry about spelling did not realize my lil man had posted something on here , till i logged in just now, but yes he is doing great since surgery headaches have been few and far between , which is amazing !!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge