Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Best analogy ever! (Read 3703 times)
Danielle
Junior Poster

3 year old daughter with
Moyamoya disease

Michigan
Best analogy ever!
Feb 9th, 2010 at 12:19am

Hello, Just wanted to share this with everyone. Trip to Holland. It is about raising a child with special needs. I love this poem and have shared it with family and friends to help them cope.  I think it is great for anyone to read. Hope you like it. Thanks, Danielle

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2010 at 12:22am by Danielle »  

Positive thinking is key!

IP Logged

Little Luca
Senior Poster

Whatever it takes

Somerset West, South Africa
Re: Best analogy ever!
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 1:41am

Thanks Danielle

It is a wonderful read, but for me the underlying feeling of disappointment for not being in Italy is sad. I don't have that. Perhaps it is linked to your childs level of disability.

Thinking about it though, my wife, Nicky, sometimes does get upset when we're around kids Luca's age and they're running around.

Stay strong
Mark (Luca's Dad)
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2010 at 1:46am by Little Luca »  

1st stroke in September 2008, age 10 months
Bi-lateral mm diagnosis
2nd stroke in November 2008, age 1 year old
Left side surgery in December 2008
13 years on now
Doing just great!

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 4:20pm

My daughter Kathleen was born iwth Down syndrome so I read this poem soon after her birth. It's usually in the new parent packets from our Down syndrome resource center. I think I brought away from it more about how it's just DIFFERENT, not awful. It's  even very beautiful at times. But as a parent of a child with the dissabilities of Down syndrome AND strokes I can relate to the fact that there are moments that I wish she didn't have to deal with all that comes with these dissabilities. But I still love her just as much for all that she has brought to our lives. She's taking us on quite a journey through Holland!!!!
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Becky
Old-Time Poster

Stroke10/03, Diagnosed6/04,
Unilateral Surgery9/04

Minneapolis, USA, usa, 303, 84, MN, Minnesota
Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 12:32pm

Wow that was great!! That is exactly what it is like. Thank you for finding this and sharing.

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. And sometimes leaves a cool looking scar.     STA-MCA bypass and EMS Surgeries done at same time at the Mayo clinic

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge