Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
moyamoya and pregnancy (Read 5803 times)
kat english
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

rochester, kent, uk
moyamoya and pregnancy
Oct 16th, 2010 at 2:34pm

Hi my name is Kathleen English and i've been told that i am pregnant. I was wondering if any other sufferers of moyamoya have become pregnant? i'm very nervous and have no idea what will happen. if anyone can, please help?

noangel@in.com  
IP Logged

hrsridermom
Senior Poster

mother of 19 yr old daughter
with MMD

Tampa, USA, FL, Florida
Re: moyamoya and pregnancy
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 6:38pm

Kathleen,  I'm sure you'll more answers from the group but there have been several people on here that have had children.  You should be able to find an older post by searching the archives.  Congratulations!

Destin's mom

IP Logged

Little Luca
Senior Poster

Whatever it takes

Somerset West, South Africa
Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 6:50am

Hi Kat

Here are a couple of the links:

http://www.moyamoya.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1259863333/7#7

http://www.moyamoya.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1257475416/6#6

There might be more if you're prepared to do some searching.

Good luck
Mark (Luca's Dad)

1st stroke in September 2008, age 10 months
Bi-lateral mm diagnosis
2nd stroke in November 2008, age 1 year old
Left side surgery in December 2008
13 years on now
Doing just great!

IP Logged

masonsmom
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:57pm

Hi! I just saw your post and thought I would chime in.  I have MM and had my first child 3 years ago. I had surgery on my right side one year ago. (oct 13 was my one yr surgery anniversary!) When I got preg i didnt no I had MM. I can tell you that for me my Blood pressure was very high and I ended up being put on bed rest the last two months. I had my child a month early (it was planned) bc it was getting too dangerous for us both to remain preg for any longer.   If this was related to the MM I dont no. But it does make sense.  I have heard that ppl  w MM who are Preg should have c sections bc it puts less strain on the vessels.  Its important to ask a professional of course, but I have heard that it is ok to have babies. Im proof!  Howeveer I have made the choice to not have anymore child just incase. I feel blessed that I got to have at least one!

IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 10:24pm

Hi Kathleen! My name is Christy and I was diagnosed with MM in 2003 and I just had my first baby last month. I know that it is scary but wanted to assure you that you can have a healthy pregnancy and baby while having MM. Overall my pregnancy went very well and I delivered a beautiful baby girl by C-section on Sept 16th. I was put on bedrest the last month due to high blood pressure (not sure if it was related to MM) but the rest of my pregnancy went very smoothly. I saw a specialst to get ultrasounds which always showed a healthy growing baby and a C-section was planned the whole time because the doctors did not want me pushing. The actual c-section was not bad at all. Walked into the OR at 7:25 and my baby girl was born at 7:38. Was in recovery by 8:00 and nursing my baby. I know that it can be very overwhelming but please feel free to contact me with any questions, will helpin any way I can. You can message me on here, or email me at moya2782@yahoo.com, or Im on Facebook so you can look me up if you are on there too. Congrats on your pregnancy, it is truly a wonderful blessing!!!

Smiley Christy

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

Stacieb
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #5 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 9:22pm

Hi Kathleen,

I know this is an old post. I am going through and trying to learn as much as I can through other mom's.  I was diagnosed in 1997 at the age of 11 with MM have had 4 surgeries (97, 98, 02x2) and am 30 and pregnant.  I am 31w4d.  I have been healthy and symptom free since my last surgery in 2002.  I was seeing a pediatric Neurologist/Neurosurgeon and didn't have an established neurologist when finding out I was pregnant. (My surgeon is in Boston - I live in California)
I have been to three neurologist since finding out i am pregnant and see a high risk doctor.  I still feel somewhat uncomfortable with the care I am being given since my OB doesn't know about MM and the neurologist don't know about pregnancy.
i have been told I can have a natural child birth, to monitor my blood pressure and to stay hydrated. I want to be 100% confident in going into a natural child birth without risking my health. 
What was your method of delivery? Have you corresponded with anyone that has successfully delivered a baby naturally if you ended up having a c-section?
Thank you in advance for your response.
Stacie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge