Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Melbourne Australia (Read 2030 times)
maryanne
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Melbourne Australia
Nov 18th, 2011 at 5:10am

Hi I am new to the site and recently diagnosed with mm after having my first stroke 6 weeks ago. I have been referred to neurosurgeon and will require 2 surgeries one on each side at the front. My husband and I have found this site a wonderful support and resource. I am 41 years old, now just waiting to see the neurosurgeon Mr John Laidlaw at Royal Melbourne in the next few weeks for the next step. I would love to hear if anyone has had experiences with Mr Laidlaw
Thanks to everyone for posting just reading everyone's stories makes the whole thing a lot easier to cope with
Maryanne

IP Logged

Emily
Senior Poster

Diagnosed Oct 2005. Direct
bypasses: Nov 05 Apr

Brisbane, Australia
Re: Melbourne Australia
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 12:57am

Hi Maryanne,
Welcome to the site and the world of MM. I live in Brisbane now but I was diagnosed with mm in Melbourne in 2005 and had both of my surgeries done by Mr Laidlaw. I hold him in very VERY high regard, he is brilliant! I recently had a check up with him down in Melbs and he is still overseeing my care from afar. I would be more than happy to discuss anything you would like at all. Feel free to post again here or send me a private message/email (I don't check this site very often these days but I will try to remember to every now and then).
Look forward to hearing from you!
Emily

WWW rubygrapefruit https://www.facebook.com/emily.pip  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge