Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Omega 3 supplements (Read 3289 times)
mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Omega 3 supplements
Jan 24th, 2012 at 10:58am

Has anyone taken Omega 3 supplements? Kathleen was diagnosed with crohn's disease in November. We have an appointment with ehr GI doc on Thursday. I would like to ask him aobut Omega 3 because it's been found to be helpful with crohn's symptoms. BUT when I did a little research I found out that it can thin the blood. Since Kathleen is already taking asprin I didn't know if this combination woudl be dangerous.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

eirelynsmom
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

New Port Richey, Fl
Re: Omega 3 supplements
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 12:18pm

Definitely worth you checking in to and asking...but I can tell you that my husband takes blood thinners daily and they also added omega 3 to his meds when he was diagnosed with moyamoya in June. He takes Lovaza by script which is an omega 3 medication. Just thought I'd throw that out there.  Good luck Smiley

Shari

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Re: Omega 3 supplements
Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 12:48pm

I'm trying to do a little research on this. We also need supplements to be Glute free. I'm also trying to find a gluten free probiotic supplement(if possible a gummie too becuase she takes so many pill it's much easier to add gummies).Thanks for your reply.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge