Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tingling and Numbness (Read 3926 times)
SD
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Stuttgart, Germany
Tingling and Numbness
Apr 29th, 2012 at 4:28pm

Our son is 5 months post bypass at Stanford.  Recently he has had some periods of numbness around his mouth and tongue and occasionally in one hand.  We are wondering if anyone else has seen this?  We will be back for our checkup in a month.

IP Logged

pritzlm
New Poster

I Love MM.com! Mom to
Darien and 4 others

Re: Tingling and Numbness
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 7:07pm

we were told that it would take a year for our son's brain to develop new blood flow after surgery and during that time he could not only have another stroke, but headaches, TIAs and other recurring symptoms.  It has been a year and they were correct for him.  I would definitely ask at the checkup, but it sounds like they are TIAs.  You could call their office and see what they say.  Our son's severe headaches kept on for about 10 mos...we're grateful that they have passed.  From some of our reading here, it seems that could be a lifetime thing.

IP Logged

iamcynthia
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 11:45pm

Hi. Yes, I had those symptoms too for a couple months after my EDAS. I didn't have a bypass though. Best of luck to him

IP Logged

srkm5482
MM.com Sponsor

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sugar Land, TX
Reply #3 - May 9th, 2012 at 10:24pm

One thing I think I finally learned: if you have a concern, question; ask.  The Dr.s don't seem to offer much info - you have to ask.  See what the Dr thinks, but, I agree, it is fairly common at his stage of recovery.  My son had TIA's 3-4 yrs post-surgery.  We put him back on 1/2 baby aspirin and there've been no recurrences in 10 yrs.  They did do an MRI/MRA to make sure there was nothing new to be concerned about. so it may be something simple, but I would definitely have it checked. you will probably sleep better  Smiley

Sue (Kyle's mom)

IP Logged

hrsridermom
Senior Poster

mother of 19 yr old daughter
with MMD

Tampa, USA, FL, Florida
Reply #4 - May 10th, 2012 at 6:14am

Destin is having the same issues now and she had her surgery in 2008.  In December she had another angiogram and her surgery site looked good.  Symptoms are still occurring so this month they did an MR w/profusion to test the actual level of blood flow and that came back good as well.  She spent the evening in the ER on Tuesday because her lips were numb, her mouth drooped on the left (again) and her arm and hand were numb/tingly.  The doctors are saying it is migraine related since the surgery looks good.  The moyamoya on the left is very slight at this point.  Who knows though...if there is any there at all couldn't it be causing some of this?  She is so frustrated.  She leaves for college in August and she just doesn't want this cloud hanging over her.
I hope you can get some answers.
Donna

Destin's mom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge