Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
blood vessels narrowing in other parts of the body (Read 3885 times)
Amit
Junior Poster

I Love MM.com!

blood vessels narrowing in other parts of the body
Sep 24th, 2012 at 2:26pm

Hi there,
I had a question:
with MM we know there is a narrowing of the blood vessels that go into the brain. Is there any literature or real cases out there where this blood vessel narrowing is seen in other parts of the body (thereby the growth of the muscles do not happen e.g. hands/ feet, butt  are all small..).  I wonder why the narrowing affects only the blood vessels in the brain.. 

IP Logged

Cherry (LuckyMe)
Junior Poster

Get busy on living or
get busy on dying?

Chicago, USA, IL, Illinois
Re: blood vessels narrowing in other parts of the body
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 11:13pm

it happend in my neck too.....I don't know what to do next. Stanford said since the narrowness in my neck is "external" vs. "internal" in brain, it's not an immediate danger, so I should not need to worry about it now.  But..who knows, I just can't completely put it behind my mind.

Cherry (LuckyMe)  
IP Logged

Arianne120
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 12:12pm

Hi it happened to your neck? is that still considered moyamoya. I was wondering because it seems that I may have that problem.

IP Logged

Amit
Junior Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 2:47pm

How do you know the narrowness in the neck is external. Did they do any evaluation of blood vessels in the neck ?

IP Logged

Shelbi
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Trinity, USA, AL, Alabama
Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 9:44pm

Shelbi was diagnosed with MM almost 11 years ago, she had surgery on the rt. side. 5years later they gave us the news that it was affecting the blood vessels on the left side and also the back of her brain. The dr had the chaplain in there when he told us this news, he said he couldn't do anything with the ones in the back. I emailed Dr. Scott, in Boston, he was out of the country at the time but said that I could contact him the following week when he was back in the states ( I was super impressed with this, Shelbi was not even his patient), and we could discuss some options. However in the mean time, by what can only be described as God's grace, Shelbi had her angiogram and the radiologist came out and said that her blood flow was just fine up the back and on the left side of her brain.  I pray that she never has problems again, but I know that God does give us obstacles sometimes to make us stronger. So if the situation would ever arise with the blood vessels in the back of her brain again, I will definately contact Dr. Scott first thing.
Good luck with all you are going through.

Tina Peters
Shelbi(now 15) MM, Chiari Malformation, Syrinx, Basilar Invagination

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge