Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Waiting for Angiogram (Read 6096 times)
Robert
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Waiting for Angiogram
Oct 17th, 2012 at 7:44am

So, we were diagnosed Oct 3rd, are follow-up is scheduled at OU Childrens for next Tuesday the 23rd of Oct, both my wife and I have called to find out if we will be setting up the angiogram or what. What we have learned is this is just a follow-up appointment at the clinic to check on my son Benjamin with nothing scheduled. When we initially went to the ER on Oct 3rd we were under the assumption this was a priority, but we are starting to feel that is not where the Dr's are coming from. I am not sure if we are just overreacting or if I should push them on this. They want me to take my son out of school for half a day for a clinic visit that isnt needed unless they plan on scheduling something. Am I off base?

Robert-

IP Logged

pritzlm
New Poster

I Love MM.com! Mom to
Darien and 4 others

Re: Waiting for Angiogram
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 7:04pm

I would think that if someone made a diagnosis of Moyamoya that they would be scheduling something.  They may talk to you about tests, etc when you do the followup...our doctors told us to remember that MM didn't happen overnight and while it's urgent, our son's case was not emergent.  If they don't talk to you about tests, etc at your follow up, I would start asking and demanding them or you may have to go somewhere else.  Good luck to you and your family!

IP Logged

pamR
Junior Poster

mom of 15 yr old twins,
one with MM

Sellersville, PA
Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 9:33am

Hi Robert. My daughter did not have an angiogram until a few days before her surgery, as the diagnosis was done thru having an MRI-MRA. She saw Dr. Smith at Boston Childrens, and he explained that they use the angiogram to plan the surgery, so they wanted it done pretty much right before. Maybe the appt. is to explain what will happen during surgery. In any case, best of luck to your family.
Pam

IP Logged

Robert
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2013 at 8:11am

Well, it has been a long time since I posted, mostly because both my boys are busy with school and normal everyday activities.

I have communicated with Stanford, and this is what we have scheduled for after school gets out.

Mon Jun 10 Meet Dr Steinberg, then have Angiogram
Tues Jun 11 Evening MRI scheduled
Thurs Jun 13 Surgery #1
Thurs Jun 20 Surgery #2 if needed
Thurs Jun 27 Release

We are looking into Angel Flight for transportation right now, if that doesnt go through we might have to make the 3 day drive because of the cost for 2 RT airlines tickets.

Of course we hope the second surgery isnt needed, but we are prepared if thats what is needed.

Good news though, since our initial diagnosis(Oct 2012) and starting the aspirin daily, Benjamin hasn't has any symptoms!!! No Migraines!!!!!

So this is where we are, if anyone has any suggestions for travel please let me know.

Hope everyone is doing ok,
Sincerely Robert Britton-

IP Logged

hrsridermom
Senior Poster

mother of 19 yr old daughter
with MMD

Tampa, USA, FL, Florida
Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:27pm

Robert if Benjamin wants to talk to Destin before his surgery let me know and we'll get them in touch.  It might help him to talk to someone near his age about what to expect.  you have my email so just let us know.  Glad to hear his headaches have let up.
Donna

Destin's mom

IP Logged

Robert
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2013 at 7:24am

Fortunately, school is the big occupier of his time, so he really doesnt think that much about it like he did when we just found out. This weekend we are at the State swim meet, I will see if he is interested in talking to her, if so I will text you.

Thanks again for all the support.

IP Logged

Robert
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 1:58pm

Good News today! Just got a confirmation for Airline Tickets from American Airlines Program Miles for Kids. This has been another stressor that I was hoping would come through. I think Benjamin and I are set for the trip in June now.

On a side note, Benjamin still hasnt had any TIA's since we instituted the aspirin regimen in Oct 2012.

Robert-

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge