Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dental Care (Read 4355 times)
Robill
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Dental Care
Feb 20th, 2013 at 10:08pm

Soooo, as if impending surgery isn't enough, I have a dental abscess and need a root canal, Huh it's scheduled for Friday, because we're boarding a plane on Monday.  Anyone aware of any restriction with dental care?????? Undecided
Thanks! Laura

IP Logged

ladybug3
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: Dental Care
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2013 at 12:39am

Yes!!! Don't use novacane or something like the local numbing agents!!  Tell your dentist that you have moyamoya and you cannot have medicines that vasoconstrict. Is that correct? Because I cannot have meds that vasoconstrict and I also heard that's common for MM>

I just had a cavity filled and I fell in love with the dentist bc he actualy told me that I should tell dentists not to use the novacane and he did his research. I didn't expect it!  Now, I never fail to tell the eye doctor, the doctor, or the dentist that I have moyamoya and I beg them to do their research. Just to think I had 6 surgeries on my mouth and 12 teeth pulled usng that stuff before I was diagnosed 6 years ago. I'm happy to be alive.

IP Logged

hrsridermom
Senior Poster

mother of 19 yr old daughter
with MMD

Tampa, USA, FL, Florida
Re: Dental Care
Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 6:13pm

Destin just went through this with her doctors. She went to get her wisdom teeth pulled. Her neurologist said absolutely no IV sedation.  He didn't want her to do anything unless it was really necessary.  Her oral surgeon suggested waiting and pulling them later since it is not crucial at this time. I would call your neurologist and ask him/her then I would make sure the dentist understands and listens to what you and your neuro say.  We went to 2 oral surgeons.  The first one didn't listen and wanted to give her IV sedation.

Destin's mom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge