Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hypersensitive reactions. (Read 6583 times)
ladybug3
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

hypersensitive reactions.
Mar 21st, 2013 at 4:33am

Do people notice that after their surgery their bodies react differently? I'm 7 years post surgery but there are still things that I notice were not the same before surgery. My body sweats more than average or becomes very sensitive to sound or touch. I find it harder to sleep because of the stimuli that will wake or distract me.

Muscles and body feel more fatigued and other internal processes feel different. What do you think? I am being tested for some other things and hope to find answers as to why strange things keep happening in my body.
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2013 at 4:34am by ladybug3 »  

IP Logged

DawnW
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Wales, U.K
Re: hypersensitive reactions.
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 2:42am

Hi, I can't really answer as it is my daughter who has Moyamoya and she is only 4 but she is definitely very sensitive to all the senses. Sound and touch in particular but also smell and light

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2013 at 11:09am

My daughter is very sensitive to temperature. she overheats very easily and her hands and feet get very blue when it's just a little cool. she can also be sensitive to sound sometimes. especially right after her strokes she wouls startle very easily, this still happens sometimes.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

azhurds
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2013 at 3:31pm

My daughter who is 5 well... turning 6 this week is sensitive.  She is sensitive to heat and cold.  Her hands will also turn blue when she gets to cold. she also has Alopecia and having no body hair or hair on her head also helps with being cold.  Also I spoke with her Neurosurgeon doctor last week about using Melatonin for her. She sleeps very restless and it was recommended to try Melatonin for her but to consult with her Neurosurgeon  doctor first.  The doctor told me that Moya-Moya patients do have a sensitivity to sleep, so it is common to be restless and have a difficult time sleeping.

IP Logged

Karen Wilson
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 11:16am

This is the first time I've heard about the sleeping problems.  My son Scott has always had a difficult time sleeping, he's up all night and sleeps sporadically during the day, never linked this to Moya Moya and never realized it could possibly be a symptom.

IP Logged

ladybug3
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 12:40am

Please let me know how the supplements affect the sleep. I started using a sleep app to track my sleep and I noticed that sometimes I get less than 50 minutes of quality sleep in the course of 6 to 7 hours. That can't be good. I'm also thinking I have some other condition or disease that is difficult to pinpoint because I'm not sure if the symptoms are moyamoya related or possibly the other for which I am undergoing testing.

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 9:19am

Anyone with sleep problems, have you had a sleep study done? Kathleen also has Down syndrome and sleep apnea is something that many individuals with down syndrome have so hopefully over the summer she can have a sleep study done. It was reccomended by the Down syndrome clinic in Boston. She moves around a lot which menas waking up and moving, and sleeps in really crazy positions.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Lilian
Junior Poster

Leiden, Netherlands, europe, 222, 235
Reply #7 - May 26th, 2013 at 2:54pm

Oh wow, it never even occurred to me that there could be a relation between mm and my slight hypersensitivity.
My elbows get blue when it's cold, also my hands get cold quite fast. When it is warm I sweat easily and I get agitated.
Since forever I have trouble sleeping and only since a couple o weeks I started to think there could be a relation between mm and my sleeping problems.

Also I suffer from Neurofibromatosis type 1, I am not sure if this has anything to do with it. But perhaps others know.
Now, I read somewhere about taking melatonin to help with the sleeping problem.
Can people who take meds for mm just use these?
That worried me and prevented me from taking them.
I do not want to cause more damage to my body.

http://www.facebook.com/lilian.justlilian 129102580  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge