Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Regular TIAs now much more frequent (Read 3567 times)
DawnW
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Wales, U.K
Regular TIAs now much more frequent
Apr 18th, 2013 at 3:30am

Hi,
My daughter was diagnosed with Moyamoya at 9 months. She is 4 now and she has always suffered with TIAs on average every 6 weeks. All of a sudden this last month to 6 weeks she is having them a lot more frequently.
My initial thoughts are not positive. Has anyone else had this?
Thanks

IP Logged

Heath
New Poster

slate

Richardson, Texas
Re: Regular TIAs now much more frequent
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:35am

Our son has periodic increases in frequency of TIAs, with the longest stretch between them since he was diagnosed 3 years ago being about 4-5 weeks.  We keep his neurologist informed of increasing frequency or duration and remain vigilant in observation.  I try to mitigate things that we've associated with TIA activity even moreso when there is increased frequency--crying for example.

My only advice is to trust your instincts.  That's what I've learned to do, and if I feel something isn't quite right, I talk to our neurologist and communicate my concerns and observations.

good luck, i wish your daughter and your family the best

'we are all born with a hint of madness--we mustn't lose it'--robin williams

IP Logged

DawnW
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Wales, U.K
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:12pm

Thank you for your reply. my instinct is saying something is not right. Luckily she is booked in next week for an MRI scan and angiogram. I'm hoping that will have some answers for us.
We have found that crying, over exertion etc does cause one too, there has always been a "pattern" but these last few just seem so out of the ordinary.

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2013 at 11:05am

Dawn I'm sorry to heat your daughter is having some problems. I think that's great advice to trust your gut. Lots of time thats all I have to go on and it usually is correct. It sounds like your doing just that and already have a plan The tests will definatly tell you if there's anything to be worried about. Good luck and keep us posted.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge