Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone from Australia? (Read 7379 times)
kath45
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Brisbane Australia
Anyone from Australia?
May 21st, 2013 at 7:37pm

Hi - just wondering if anyone in Australia diagnosed with MM.  Would like to know your experience - did you go public or private? I am from Brisbane.

IP Logged

maryanne
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: Anyone from Australia?
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2013 at 7:33am

Hi Kath I am from Melbourne nearly 43 years old I have had one bypass on the right side and just on the waiting list for my 2nd operation on the left side. There are a few people from Australia on here perhaps you will have more luck if you post in the other section of this forum. I know there is a lady named Della from Brisbane join the facebook group World MoyaMoya day and post there. You can also friend me on facebook Maryanne Maltby or personal message me here. Smiley
https://www.facebook.com/groups/145861575578487/om

IP Logged

Emily
Senior Poster

Diagnosed Oct 2005. Direct
bypasses: Nov 05 Apr

Brisbane, Australia
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2014 at 1:11am

kath45 wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 7:37pm:
Hi - just wondering if anyone in Australia diagnosed with MM.  Would like to know your experience - did you go public or private? I am from Brisbane.

Ooh, only just saw this, I'm in Brisbane, kath get in touch with me, I'll pm you too.

WWW rubygrapefruit https://www.facebook.com/emily.pip  
IP Logged

Emily
Senior Poster

Diagnosed Oct 2005. Direct
bypasses: Nov 05 Apr

Brisbane, Australia
Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2014 at 1:13am

maryanne wrote on May 25th, 2013 at 7:33am:
Hi Kath I am from Melbourne nearly 43 years old I have had one bypass on the right side and just on the waiting list for my 2nd operation on the left side. There are a few people from Australia on here perhaps you will have more luck if you post in the other section of this forum. I know there is a lady named Della from Brisbane join the facebook group World MoyaMoya day and post there. You can also friend me on facebook Maryanne Maltby or personal message me here. Smiley
https://www.facebook.com/groups/145861575578487/om 

Maryanne I can't find that group. I may have just friended you though, there's two...

WWW rubygrapefruit https://www.facebook.com/emily.pip  
IP Logged

stev0
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2016 at 3:00am

hi im steve im in newcastle AUS just been diagnosed.

IP Logged

Pierre
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #5 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 6:50am

Peter from Laurieton NSW - the other half [60 y.o.] had 3 TIAs in mid June and had a stent placed in inner left carotid at John Hunter Hospital Newcastle. 2 months later she had another 2 TIAs and went straight back to John Hunter where her neurological interventionist [Dr Ferdinand Miteff] arranged for a neurovascular surgeon [Dr Mitch Hansen] to do a STA-MCA bypass [his 13th]. Pretty good outcome so far, however it's only been two weeks since the surgery.

Depression seems to be the next hurdle to overcome - hers, not mine, as she is uncertain as to her future .... so I need to devise a plan to get her to the local GP under some other pretext. Needless to say she's had her fill of angiograms and blood letting to last her a while.

We both can't speak more highly of Dr Miteff and his team [including Dr Hansen]. Dr Miteff met us at 1.30am at the hospital on a Sunday morning to make sure we got past the triage nurse at ER and were admitted into the correct ward. He's got my vote for Australian of the Year.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge