Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need an experienced neurosurgeon in Texas (Read 4502 times)
kellerzoo
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Need an experienced neurosurgeon in Texas
Jul 20th, 2013 at 11:36pm

I have a 22 year old daughter with Down syndrome, who had a stroke this past week and was diagnosed with mm. I live in the Dallas area, but can really go anywhere in the state of Texas, preferably Houston. I've seen a lot of older posts about surgeons at Memorial in Houston, but looking at their website, those surgeons are not there anymore. We were referred to UT Southwestern in Dallas, but I'm not finding much info. I was told to do everything I can to get her to Stanford in California, but she has Texas Medicaid and I don't think it transfers out of state.

IP Logged

Kathymc
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

massachusetts
Re: Need an experienced neurosurgeon in Texas
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 1:20am

Hi, so sorry to hear about your daughter. At the University of Texas is Dr. Arthur Day who's specialty is Moyamoya. When he was at Brigham and Womens he had done my left side bypass. He was a wonderful and caring Doctor, and I was very sad when he left to go to Texas. Please visit there website and look him up. Good luck and I look forward to hearing where you end up going.

Kathy

IP Logged

corynski
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

lancing, tn
Re: Need an experienced neurosurgeon in Texas
Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 1:53pm

Hello Kellerzoo

I saw your post, my name is Charles Coryn and my son is William Coryn, deaf since birth, 41 years old, who was just diagnosed with moyamoya disease a few months ago, following a stroke a few months  prior to that.  He seems to be doing well following the operation on the right side, his TIA headaches in his frontal lobes are gone, and we're planning on returning in Dec to do the left side.

Please consult with Dr. Robert A. Mericle, (whose office is next to the Baptist Hospital) if you think he could be helpful.  He has an incredible reputation.   The address is:

HW Neurological Institute, LLC, Attn: Dr. Robert A. Mericle, 2011 Church Street, Suite 505, Nashville, Tn, 37203.  Phone Becky at 615 320 0007, fax 615 320 0009.

They accepted my son who lives in Florida and has MediCare and Fl Medicaid.  We thought maybe they could negotiate with Fl Medicaid but, believe it or do not, they just said "That's OK, we'll just drop the Medicaid 20 %", which was a blessing.  I flew Willy to my house in Lancing, Tn and then we drove over to Nashville, a 2 hour drive, for the surgery and follow-up.

Best wishes to you and your daughter,

charles coryn, lancing, tn.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge