Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Questions.... (Read 3179 times)
Amanda
New Poster

!

Bowling Green, USA, usa, 391, 179, KY, Kentucky
Questions....
Oct 11th, 2013 at 11:37pm

I was diagnosed in 2006 with moyamoya after having stroke. Had bypass surgery august 2006 on left side and January 2007 right side. My surgeon/neurologist released me after last surgery with no follow up angiograms or MRI/MRA (3 hour drive away) Been seeing my regular family doctor every 3-6 months but he is scared to mess with any meds. On cholesterol meds to prevent blockages, blood pressure meds, and daily adult aspirin. I resumed my normal life and nothing has slowed me down. Last week got stung by insect on top of head. Started having a headache 2 days later with incision pain and hurting around temple area. I've been stung before with no symptoms.Got worried demanded family doctor to do mra. They said mra looked good but I  scheduled appointment with neurologist to get checked out. As I said my family dr is scared to do anything... Told me to take Benadryl.  Hopefully they can readjust my meds. Blood pressure still runs high and I feel tired. What has been everybody else's follow up care?  how often do you guys get scans? Does anybody's hands tingle once and a while? Thanks Amanda  Grin

IP Logged

Patricksmom
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: Questions....
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 2:47pm

My son (now age 11 and 2 1/2 years post surgery) got tingles in his fingers fairly frequently for the first year, still on occasion.  Follow up for him has been an MRI/MRA at 6 months, an angiogram at 1 year, and annual MRI/MRAs for the next 4 years.  Not sure what will happen after that.

IP Logged

Amit
Junior Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 9:46pm

PatricksMom: was the surgery done in Boston  or somewhere else?

IP Logged

hrsridermom
Senior Poster

mother of 19 yr old daughter
with MMD

Tampa, USA, FL, Florida
Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2013 at 6:07pm

Amanda, my daughter is 19. She had surgery on the right side in 2008. She still gets tingles in her hand and her face. She also gets a CTAngio annually. They do a full blown angio this year because they are seeing some blockage on the left side now. If I were you I would be getting a second opinion.

Destin's mom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge