Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stanford Experience (Read 1922 times)
lostinkansas
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Stanford Experience
Nov 22nd, 2013 at 5:42pm

This is old news for most folks, but just adding my message of affirmation for Dr. Steinberg and his team at Standford.  I went for 3 years with "m.s. like" symptoms with no help from my neurologist.  His last words of help were last August in 2012 "it's a waste of your time and money to do further testing".  Then after a stroke in Sept an MR-A and CT angiogram revealed a "moyamoya" pattern.  Dr. Steinberg's office agreed to see my films.  i overnighted them, and was disagnosed with moyamoya.  They scheduled two surgeries.  But further testing showed one side was still open.  So, chances are I'll have to do the other side, but the right side is done as of last Tuesday!  The hardest part for me was the stress of the arrangments (where to stay, transporatation).  Th surgery and care was EXCELLENT!    I switched neurologists back home to ku med center where they know what moyamoya is at least.  I will be carefully monitored, so the future looks bright!  I've said it before but thanks to DJ and all of you for putting me in touch with Dr. Steinberg!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge