Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Doppler Ultrasound to determine blood flow (Read 3014 times)
azhurds
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Doppler Ultrasound to determine blood flow
Feb 24th, 2014 at 3:59pm

My daughter who is 6 recently had an appointment with a new doctor who specializes in Moya-Moya and other brain disease.  In fact when he heard about her, he reached out to us and asked if he could see her. 

During the appointment we talked about many things and I thought he was great and had a wealth of information.  For the next appointment he is going to do a Doppler Ultrasound to determine the blood flow in her brain. 

Has anyone else had this done? 

IP Logged

ninniesmom
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Texas
Re: Doppler Ultrasound to determine blood flow
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 9:47pm

Yes, my daughter has had two.  First one was done before her first surgery and the second was done in between surgeries.  From what I understand, it's does exactly what it means...determines blood flow throughout her neck and brain.  What they use is about the size of a marker and move it slowly around the neck and head. For my daughter it was painless, but she had a little tenderness on the second one, due to her first surgery only being 4 weeks prior.  I believe it took about 45 minutes and the sound reminded me of the heartbeat I heard during pregnancy ultrasound. Our experience was that they didn't tell us what findings they had, alot of it was medical terminology, numbers, etc.  Our neurosurgeon talked to us later about the test results.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge