Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MM, IVF, Embryo screening (Read 4468 times)
april18_81
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

MM, IVF, Embryo screening
Jul 2nd, 2014 at 8:15pm

hello there!  I have MM.  my husband & I have been desperately trying to start a family.  we have been going through IVF for about 2 years now.  we have done screening of our embryos in the past, but for only mainstream chromosomal abnormalities.  I did participate in the univ of TX study, but have not heard back from them.  is there a marker for MM?  I have read some things online about chromosome 17.  is there anything else out there?

thank you kindly Smiley

IP Logged

dcmm
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: MM, IVF, Embryo screening
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:35am

I don't know anything about the marker but was curious about your experience with IVF and having MM.  Have you had a bypass surgery?  If so, was there any concern with you taking additional hormones, etc. as part of the IVF process?  We conceived my daughter via IVF and then I was diagnosed with MM afterwards and I had a STA/MCA bypass on the right side in April 2011.  However, we'd like to try to have another biological child but wasn't sure of the risks after surgery.

IP Logged

Blinker12
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: MM, IVF, Embryo screening
Reply #2 - May 21st, 2017 at 5:56pm

Hello! I am a new user. My younger sister died of undetected moyamoya when she was 27. Definitely the most heartbreaking experience of my life.
I am bumping this thread to see if anyone has an answer to the original poster's question? I am just about to start IVF myself. If there is any way to screen and diagnos this disease genetically, before implantation, I would really love to do that. Thank you all!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge