Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
3 days after surgery can't understand speech! (Read 3730 times)
Talisa
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

San diego
3 days after surgery can't understand speech!
Nov 9th, 2014 at 2:16pm

My wife had moyamoya surgery 11/4/14, and 3 days later she couldn't make her words understandable. We were told she would have problems with her speech, what we weren't told was when this would happen, how long it would last and to what severity. She was prefect for the first three days and it happened scaring us, so spent all day saturday in the E.R. doing a CT scan, and MRI only to be told all is well.My wfe had an STA-MCA, direct and indirect bypass surgery. If anyone can shed light on our situation we would be truly thankful, God bless and thank you, Talisa's husband Jerry

IP Logged

lostinkansas
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: 3 days after surgery can't understand speech!
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2014 at 7:47am

I see no one has responded so far  so just wanted to say I am sorry your wife is experience this. You've not mentioned what type of problem she is having with speech.  I had a lot of problems with words but it started before the surgery as it was a result of the stroke.  It really makes me wonder if your wife didn't have a small stroke, which can happen right after surgery, still you'd think they would see that.  Having said that I am not a doctor.  In my case after the surgery it took about a month or two but my words all came back so to speak.  In any case if they did follow up MRI's and didn't find evidence of a stroke it's hard to say.  Let us know if she improves!

IP Logged

Talisa
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

San diego
Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:07am

Thanks, for your reply, they said she would have problems with her speech. For example,slurring to the point of not recognizing what she is saying. It was better by yesterday and was good first thing this morning. We took our pug for a walk and her speech got bad again, also her neuropathy in her leg went from managed to 100 times worse to an unmanageable state. Any insight would help. Thank you, Jerry

IP Logged

lostinkansas
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 9:30am

I'm sorry to hear that.  The only thing I can think to suggest is be very sure she is staying hydrated, probably cut back on caffeine and salt if she takes a lot of those; and get proper sleep.  Whenever she is dehydrated, stressed or tired symptoms may return.  If it becomes too severe perhaps it's time to see a different neurologist.  This area, I find anyway, is one where it's hard to get good assistance, I think there's a lot they still don't know.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge