Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Moyamoya sufferers in UK (Read 3082 times)
Eleigh
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Moyamoya sufferers in UK
Mar 2nd, 2016 at 5:07pm

Hi All,
My partner (white male, 30 years old) was diagnosed with MM in Aug 2015 following progressive loss of control/strength in his legs (initially put down to a knee injury from 2007!).
He had a STA-MCA bypass and indirect revascularisation on his right side in late Nov 2015, and we are now awaiting the results of a CT Angio to see if this has helped the blood flow. He has MM on both sides of his brain and will potentially need another two surgeries.
I just wondered if anyone on here is from the UK? There is so little info about this condition in the UK and as such very little support for sufferers  Sad

IP Logged

willowz
New Poster

Hope Springs Eternal

Re: Moyamoya sufferers in UK
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 6:13pm

Hi Eleigh -I was looking through the guestbook on here and found a recent (2015) post from Kelly in London about her mom being diagnosed with MM. Her email is  Kjbangel0@yahoo.co.uk

Good Luck with everything. Smiley

IP Logged

toggie
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

manchester UK
Re: Moyamoya sufferers in UK
Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 7:36am

Hi Eleigh,
My son, Ciaran, has MM and was diagnosed after a stroke in 2009. He subsequently had 2 ops to re direct arteries from the scalp to the brain ( not sure if that's what you meant by indirect revascularisation ) in the same year. He's doing well now apart from some weakness remaining on his right side, but has had MRI scans a couple of times since which suggest that the ops were successful.
I feel for you because there is so little information... I visited this site for a while but haven't recently.
I'd be happy to speak to you if you want any info on Ciarans ops etc, just let me know. Scary as it was when he was going through it he's been well since!!
Smiley Smiley
Tina

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge