Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Medicare advice for those who are about to retire (Read 795 times)
GetMeMyMedicare
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Medicare advice for those who are about to retire
Apr 4th, 2022 at 7:27am

If most people enrol in Medicare, they are typically choosing to leave an employer plan with which they have been satisfied for many years. Yet, all too often, I hear from people who received bad advice from their employer about their Medicare decision.

Often, these people are unaware that it is not your company's benefit representative's responsibility to be well-versed in all Medicare rules.

I had a customer last year who was 68 when he retired, but he had enrolled in Medicare at the age of 65. His company's benefits representative made some suggestions on what to do with his Medicare decision, which seemed like good advice at the time. It wasn't until he decided to retire that he realised it wasn't the case.

Because of the actions he took, he lost his guaranteed issue rights. That also meant he had to go through medical financing to get the Medigap Plan he desired. He was fortunate not to have had any medical issues at the time, even though he would not have been acknowledged if he had.

Medicare is complex, but there are two things you should be aware of so that you don't get bad advice.

« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2022 at 7:29am by GetMeMyMedicare »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge