Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Set up your profile! (Read 3292 times)
DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Set up your profile!
Oct 27th, 2003 at 10:55pm

You can easily set up your profile by clicking the "register" link at the top of the board!  I hope some of you do it soon so I have someone to talk with!  Smiley

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

rickswife
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ftmadison, usa, 330, 137, IA, Iowa
Re: Set up your profile!
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2003 at 11:38pm

I just logged on this site, I hope to get some input from others dealing with moyamoya.  My husband just had surgery after being diagnosed in February.  He has a lot of problems he was left with after a stroke in Feb.  The surgery was on the left side only, has anyone had to have a second surgery on the other side.  I only know what I've researched on the internet. His surgery was at U of I hospital I will try to learn to use the site better.  thanks! Smiley Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Re: Set up your profile!
Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2003 at 3:25am

Hi rickswife!

Welcome to the site!  Sorry to hear your husband has residual effects from the stroke.  It's good the folks at the University of Iowa were able to get him diagnosed and get his surgery done.

With my experience of doing research and interacting with people from this site, it seems most people end up having both sides done eventually (if they don't have them done at the same time).

As in my case, I had my right side done in Aug 2001.  About a year later, I started having stroke symptoms on my other side and had my left surgery done in January 2003.

My suggestion would be for your husband pay close attention to his other side and make sure he says something to the doctor if he ever notices any type of symptoms!  It's MUCH BETTER to have the surgery done BEFORE suffering any permanent damage on the other side of his brain.

Have a look around the site by following the links at the top of the page.  There is some good information you might find helpful!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  We've got a good group of folks here who have some pretty good experience with Moyamoya!  Smiley

Again, welcome! 
DJ

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge