Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Date (Read 6926 times)
STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
New Date
Nov 26th, 2003 at 2:08pm

Well - if the wait hasn't been bad enough my surgery has been rescheduled to December 29th (originaly Dec. 9th).  I get to have a nice New Year's in the hospital.  Uggghhh!  I'm so frustrated with all of this!  I'm sorry...just needed to vent a bit!

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

kalise
New Poster

my son lives with moyamoya.

westernaustralia, Australia, australia, 21, 203, WA, Western_Australia
Re: New Date
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2003 at 9:17pm

hey shari, i can only imagine the frustration u must be feeling. y have they postponed it?  you would think u would be on the high priority list, hey? I will be thinking of you on the 29th then, and will make a toast to you on new yrs eve.  Stay strong Shari...Got to go for now, we're off to the hospital for Mitchell's 6 monthly mri.
take care......Kalise. Smiley

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2003 at 1:53pm

Thanks Kalise...

They postponed it due to my insurance again.  My benefits person at work worked her tail off trying to get my enrollment information in early - explaining to them that I had surgery and I needed my ID numbers and phone numbers to call so that the doctor's office could verify everything and get the proper preauthorizations.  Well, the insurance company delayed, of course, and didn't get me my info until yesterday.  When I called the doc's office they said they had to schedule a more emergent case on my original date and that my surgery had been rescheduled.  To add insult to injury, my father, 2 brothers, and grandparents had all purchased airplane tickets already for the 9th (my mom and I were going to drive).  I completely understand that Dr. Scott's office had to do what they needed to do - it's just more waiting for me.  But I tried to think positive - at least I'm healthy enough to be able to wait a bit longer, right?!?  So now the problem is rescheduling the plane tickets - at $100 per change (per ticket).  Hey, Does anyone here work for US Airways???!!!  Smiley

-Shari

IP Logged

pattil647
Junior Poster

Mom of Moyamoya Survivor

Langhorne, USA, usa, 484, 119, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2003 at 2:18pm

I'm very sorry to hear about your rescheduled appointment.  Look on the bright side -- Dr Scott is a wonderful surgeon -- you'll receive the best treatment once you get in there!  Happy Holidays! Cheesy

IP Logged

kalise
New Poster

Reply #4 - Dec 31st, 2003 at 12:10am

Well Shari...It is new years eve 2nite and as promised I intend to make a toast to u at midnite.....I am sure the surgery went well and look forward to hearing from u very soon..
Take care and god bless
Kalise

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #5 - Dec 31st, 2003 at 5:58am

Shari,
              Hope everything went well with your long awaited surgery, I'm sure it did look on the bright side your here for New Years anyway. Can't wait to here from you, you'll be up and around in no time. Roll Eyes Wink
                                                Nancy

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2004 at 2:33pm

Greetings everyone!  Today is Friday and this the first day that I've been off of my floor to use the computer lab.  My first surgery went ok.  They had to do a different kind of surgey - from what I'm told it's they technique they use in Japan - because when I was in high school I had TMJ surgey which used the main aretery Dr. Scott hand intended to use.  Anyway, the surgery itself wasn't bad but all the medicines they put you on made my stomach weak and difficult to eat.  Dr. Scott is going to keep me in the hospital until the next surgery on Monday because I'm currenly on Heparin to stop the multiple TIAs I was having for the first few days after the first surgery.  Thank you all for all of your continued prayes and I hope to be able to log back on soon.  Bye for now!!

-Sharu

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 3rd, 2004 at 3:02am

Smiley
Way to go Shari!  Glad to hear the first surgery went well. One down and one more to go. Keep us posted.

Continued prayers.

Cheesy

IP Logged

pupuki
New Poster

I love Pooh bears!

Honolulu, USA, usa, 371, 343, HI, Hawaii
Reply #8 - Jan 4th, 2004 at 11:48am

Dear Shari,

It's wonderful to hear that your surgery went well.
Please keep us posted on how your 2nd surgery
fares.  (I didn't realize that one could have many
TIA's following the surgery.)

What a great way to start the new year!

God bless!
Pooh

IP Logged

kalise
New Poster

Reply #9 - Jan 4th, 2004 at 8:53pm

Hey Shari.....so good to hear from u....am thrilled to bits that ur first surgery was a success......For what it's worth, Mitchell also had numerous tia's after his surgery, I guess some ppl do and some dont......My prayers and thoughts will be with u on Monday for surgery number 2......Stay strong Shari...ur almost there.
Take care and god bless
Kalise and family... Smiley

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #10 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 11:50pm

Shari,

Just thinking about how you are doing.  I, too, had several TIA's after both of my surgeries.  Mine weren't too bad but certainly scary!

Let us know how you are!

DJ

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge