Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My mom has improved some (Read 2576 times)
ak
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

beaumont, USA, usa, 312, 273, TX, Texas
My mom has improved some
Dec 31st, 2003 at 8:27pm

Hello friends,

I posted a message on Dec.24th about my mom having a stroke after her bypass surgery.  She has improved some. Today she was able to swallow apple sauce and sips of water. She still does not talk. But  Dr. Rose tripped over my moms I.V. line and she laughed. (no sound came out but her facial expression was obvious). Sometimes when we tell her we love her she cries , too. Today she is being transferred from Methodist Hosp. to The Institute of Rehab. and Research
in Houston, Tx. They have  a catastrophic brain injury rehab. unit.  They are aggressive with their therapy.
My dad and I drive back and from the hosp. to home to work.  We live about one-hundred miles away from the hosp.  I am so proud of my mom. She is fighting I know. Thank you everyone for posting the advice and loving words. It means so much. 
                                  a. k.

IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Re: My mom has improved some
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2004 at 3:06am

Wonderful news to start the year out with. May it keep getting better.

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Re: My mom has improved some
Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2004 at 12:03pm

A.K,
        Your mom sounds EXACTLY like my daughter she started to takes sips of drinks but after having a feeding tube in her stomach for weeks thank god your mom didn't have to do that. Eventually she swallowed apple sauce then other stuff and when she wouldn't talk she would laugh and you could tell by her face and she would cry also at certain things. Please be incouraged my daughter just kept improving but, no were near as fast as your mom. Mandy as I've said before is now talking eats everything we would eat and walks with no cane after almost loosing her last New Years eve Its been a year and shes come that far.
Please keep us posted and we'll keep praying.            
                                       Nancy
Smiley                        

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge