Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Year message of hope (Read 3853 times)
tomg
Experienced Poster

West and wewaxsation at
wast. What I crave.

HowellNJ, USA, usa, 499, 119, NJ, New_Jersey
New Year message of hope
Jan 1st, 2004 at 1:08pm

Roll EyesIn our new found Moya moya family we all need a message of hope.  Be you a parent or suffering the effects yourself we always need something to help us cope.  You've heard me before mention the help of prayer how it's gotten me through some rough times.  If it's not your thing then just turn a deaf ear, I'm almost through with my lines.
     There's a little known saint who is known by her followers as the wonder worker of our times.  Her name is saint Philomena and she certaintly worked for me.  My doctors were checking the progress of a small anyeurism in my brain during my last angio.  I prayed for her intercession to Jesus and  the angio showed no signs of the anyeurism.  This was 10 months ago.  I shouldn't have waited so long but I wasn't sure how it would be received from such a diverse group but what the heck we're all family now. 
     So on this first day of 2004 I am nominating Saint Philomena as the Patron saint of Moyamoya patients and their families.  What do you think?   Her story is found on the net and is facinating.
Happy healthy new Year to all   Tom G.

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Re: New Year message of hope
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2004 at 12:31pm

Tom,Thank you so much for sharing your faith.I have gotten through our ups and downs with faith,and prayer.I truely have believed that everything is given to us for a reason.The reason may not be clear right away but will be made clear in time.Also that we are not given anything we can not handle.I know it is hard to keep faith and I don't expect eveyone to have these beliefs or faith but it sure has helped me, and our family. Kathleen had a time that she truely needed a lot of prayers.She got very sick and was haveing some very severe strokes and was still to face surgery.Prayers were coming for here from sooo many people.If it had nothing to do with her recovery(I believe  it did) It at least gave us great comfort.I would love to read the story is there a link to a certain site?I have personaly said many prayers to St. Jude.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2004 at 8:46am

This is a site that I looked up:  http://saint-philomena.com/

There are so many more to choose from.

IP Logged

gilberttl
Junior Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Lewisville, USA, usa, 285, 247, TX, Texas
Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2004 at 9:57pm

I appreciate the information on St. Philomena.  I was raised Catholic, and I firmly believe in the power of prayer.  Several prayer groups have been praying for me, and I believe the prayers have helped to strengthen me.  I feel very fortunate that I was able to recover from my stoke, and then have a successful bypass surgery.  I will definitely keep in mind St. Philomena when I am getting news about progress and the possibility of future surgeries.  Thanks for sharing.  Tricia G.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge