Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Health insurance (Read 2086 times)
LisaH
Senior Poster

Be thankful in all circumstances

ArlingtonHts, USA, usa, 358, 120, IL, Illinois
Health insurance
Mar 22nd, 2004 at 12:31am

Hi all,

I know there are at least 4 people on this board that have no or very poor health insurance.  If this is the case with you or you know someone that is uninsured please check out this organization called Cover the Uninsured Week (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register).   This years "week" is May 10-16 and there will be events all across the country.  Past Presidents involved in this cause are Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter, also TVs Noah Wyle (sp?) from E. R.  I am thrilled to be involved in the cause this year because, as we all know, this nation is facing a huge health care problem.   At last count (about a year ago) there were 42 million people in the U.S. with no health insurance and the numbers are rising fast, especially with all the layoffs.

So please check it out and see if your area is having an event to attend.  Remember "everyone is one medical issue away from bankruptcy". 

Thanks for your time!
Lisa

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

IP Logged

fairbanks
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cleveland, USA, usa, 425, 124, OH, Ohio
Re: Health insurance
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2004 at 10:10am

Hi Lisa like you I Have no health insurance,I have zilch noda,zero; I dont' mean to be blunt but..
I applied for medicaid back in June but everthing here in Ohio is so screwed up for healthcare. I lost my medical insurance when I had my first episode in june. I had great coverage through the resturant I was a chef at,but when I was in the hospital the ownership changed and so did my "benefits" none .anyways since I left the resturant business declined and I saw last month the resturant also closed. well I dont' mean to talk your ear off. fairbanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge