Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Update on Swedish Moyamoyachild (Read 2030 times)
Annica
Experienced Poster

My daughter lives with
mm

Stockholm, Sweden, europe, 317, 154
Update on Swedish Moyamoyachild
Apr 12th, 2004 at 3:15am

Hi Everybody!

I want to tell you about the 10-year-old Swedish boy who the doctors said it was too late to operate on. I told you about him on this board a few months ago and many of you sent encouriging words to his parents to get a second opinion. Thank you! Wink
Unfortunately he had a massive stroke in the beginning of dec-03 and suffered a lot of injury. For a while he couldn´t walk, talk or see and his parents were devastated. At that point the doctors finally got in contact with Dr. Scott whom encouraged the Swedish surgeon to do the operation asap and it was a success.
He still has a lot of damage but is recovering a little bit every day as kids do. The surgery put a break to the disease and I so much wish they would have performed it earlier ! In a few weeks he is going through angio and mri I think (what is the difference between mri and mra anyway?)  Smileyand I hope to be in contact with his mother soon after that. His biggest problem right now according to his mother is his eyes, he is not able to either read or right becaus of his seeing problems. I sure hope he gets it back soon and I will try to get him on this board and you guys, I think you could cheer up anybody!!! Kiss

Take care

Annica

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Re: Update on Swedish Moyamoyachild
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 8:18am

Annica, I am so glad to hear this update. My daughter suffered at least 5 strokes before her surgeries.One was very devastating. She couldn't walk talk or even hold her head up.She never even looked at anything on her left side.She ahd to be taught to  even look at the left side of a book. She ahad a hard time seeing things if they weren't placed just right in front of ehr. She wore glasses for a yr. but no longer needs them.She couldn't even put together a 2 piece puzzle.Kathleen was 5 yrs. old at the time.She is now 7 and walking,talking and reading at grade level.She still doesn't have a lot of use of her left arm but it's getting better.Please pass on these words of encouragment to this family.Kids are so amazing! I will keep them in my prayers.Feel free to pass on my e-mail addy rgrace5@aol.com
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge