Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
About Kelsey (Read 4686 times)
FYRMOM911
New Poster

Kelsey's mom

Miamisburg, USA, OH, Ohio
About Kelsey
Apr 23rd, 2004 at 4:24pm

We are going for her MRA, her second round of tests tonight.  Thank you all so much for your prayers and support.  It's so wonderful to have all of you thinking of her.
Love and prayers,
Colleen  Smiley

Stroke 10-26-2008.  MM Surgery 12-30-2009.  
IP Logged

PatM
Experienced Poster

Woodcliff Lake, USA, usa, 498, 109, NJ, New_Jersey
Re: About Kelsey
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2004 at 9:18pm

We are all praying for Kelsey-----keep us posted on the test results.....PatM

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."...Jackie Robinson&&Worry looks around....Faith looks up......
psmartinlaw  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2004 at 10:21am

She is most definately in our thoughts and prayers. Good Luck!  Smiley

IP Logged

FYRMOM911
New Poster

Kelsey's mom

Miamisburg, USA, OH, Ohio
Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2004 at 10:34am

Kelsey was a trooper last night.  They took 2 rounds of pictures, lasted about 10 minutes.  Before we went in though, she started to cry and said she was really scared.  The noise of the machine is hard to deal with, especially for a child.
Can anyone tell me how they helped other sibling deal with everything that's happening?  My oldest is 14 and she is a terrible worrier, and terrified that she'll lose her sister.   I told her that we have decisions to make, and no matter what, we have to stay strong and help Kelsey thru all of this.  I'm doing my best to get all the infomation I can and explain it to my kids.  Any other advice?
Thanks, love and prayers,
Colleen

Stroke 10-26-2008.  MM Surgery 12-30-2009.  
IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2004 at 10:32pm

Hi Colleen,

I am keeping Kelsey in my prayers.  Kids are tougher than we know.

My sister has mm and had a big incident 02/01.  Her then 11 (Neala) and 13 year old (Caitlin) daughters were home that evening with Patty.   Her husband was out of town.  Well, the 11 year old heard something and went running into the master bedroom and she saw my sister having a stroke.  She  called the 13year old (Caitlin) who called 911 and gave the operator all of Pattys doctors beeper, office and hospital numbers.  Patty and Shawn always prepared the girls and I am sure they are what saved Patty's life that night.  By the time EMS had Patty at the closest hospital, they had a neurosurgeon, nurologist and a priest waiting for Patty.  The hospital here had already been in contact with the doctors from Mayo Clinic.  The girls were prepared for anything.

Janice

IP Logged

Annica
Experienced Poster

My daughter lives with
mm

Stockholm, Sweden, europe, 317, 154
Reply #5 - Apr 25th, 2004 at 3:46am

Hi Colleen!

Louise who has mm is our youngest child and when she had her surgery her sister was 14 and her brother was 16. They were both very worried about their "babysister" and I think thats very normal, also I think you have to treat every child as an individual when you´re going thru something like this. But you do have to stay strong and confident for your children and carry their burden. Let your worries come out at night or when your kids are not around. Maybe you need a proffessional to talk to about this, I did and it helped a lot. Information is a good thing perhaps from another adult like a nurse, a councelor (spelling?)or doctor and I think they might need a meeting without the rest of the family so that they can ask all the"scary questions".
Also tell them it´s OK to have fun and not worry at times, hanging around with their friends and for a short moment forget that their babysister is sick if you understand what I mean.
I assure you that when the surgery is over and Kelsey is getting better you get used to the "new" life somehow and learn to appreciate it like you never thought you would.
Kelsey is going to be fine, I just know it and I wish you believe that for yourself and your family.

Lots of love and prayers.

Annica (and Louise)

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Reply #6 - Apr 25th, 2004 at 8:10pm

Many prayers for your family.It is very hard on ht ewhole family I know,my daughter was five at the time of surgery and she has a sister who at the time was 14 and a brother 10. They were very  conderned about ehr but my husband and I stayed as posative and strong as we could for them.We leaned on each other when they weren't looking...... Even after her worst strorkes we stayed positive with them just always telling them about all the things were are so lucky for.We tried to keep them busy and things as normal as possible for them.It was hard but it is behind us now and we are getting used to all that has come with this disease.Please keepus posted and know your family is in our thoughts.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge