Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
babyblue in california (Read 32827 times)
dreamerdi
New Poster

babyblue's mom

lakeland, USA, usa, 459, 286, FL, Florida
babyblue in california
Apr 12th, 2004 at 9:52pm

DEAR EVERYONE,
         WELL WE ARE HERE AND ALL IS GOOD. WE MET WITH DR STEINBERG TODAY AND HAD ALOT OF TEST DONE. CHRISTY HAD A TRANSDOPLER BRAIN SCAN DONE, NOT PAINFUL AT ALL AND TOOK ABOUT 30 MINS. THEN WENT AND MET WITH THE DR AND HE IS GREAT, EVERYTHING DJ SAID ABOUT HIM AND HIS STAFF IS SO TRUE, EVERYONE AT THE HOSPITAL WAS GREAT TO US TODAY . SHE THEN WENT DOWN FOR THE SPEC SCAN, TOOK A LITTLE WHILE TO DO IT ABOUT 1-2 HOURS, SHE DID FINE, IS REALLY TIRED NOW WE WERE AT HOSPITAL FROM 9-530 THIS AFTERNOON, WE WENT TO TALK TO PRE-OP DOCTOR AND THEN HAD LAD WORK DONE, FINALLY GOT ON OUR WAY BACK TO THE HOTEL. SHE IS SLEEPING NOW AND FEELS OK JUST KINDA WORN OUT.  HER SURGERY IS WED MORNING AT 730 CALIFORNIA TIME. WE HAVE TO BE THERE AT 530AM HAHA WASNT HAPPY ABOUT THAT ONE. ANYWAY WE ARE ALL DOING GOOD, JUST WANTED TO UPDATE EVERYONE ALONG THE WAY. CHRISTY SAID TO TELL EVERYONE HELLO FOR HER AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS. WE HAVE A COUPLE MORE TEST TOMORROW BUT SHOULDNT TAKE AS LONG AS TODAY. WILL TAKE HER OUT FOR A GREAT DINNER TOMORROW NIGHT WITH DJ, lol.. ANYWAY WILL FILL YOU IN LATER AS WE GO. TALK TO YOU SOON.
THANKS LOVE AND PRAYERS TO ALL
DIANE

snugglebunnydi dreamerdi5  
IP Logged

DianeMain
Experienced Poster

My sister, PatM, has moyamoya.

San Jose, USA, usa, 23, 160, CA, California
Re: babyblue in california
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 10:32pm

Hi Diane!  Diane in San Jose here.  DJ asked me about getting together while you are out here.  Have him get in touch with me if that is still on.  I gave him my home and cell phone numbers.  If he can't find them, let me know where you are staying and I will get in touch.  (I will probably need your last name if I am going to do this, to be put through to your hotel room.)

If you guys are just too exhausted (which would be understandable), that is okay too.

I don't have MM, but my sister, PatM in New Jersey, does.  Therefore, I am very interested in what can be done for Christy.  Pat will have her first EDAS surgery in NYC this Friday, April 16th.  Then they will do the same thing on the other (left) side in mid-June.

I'm off work this week, so let me know if you want to meet up.  I can come over to Palo Alto.

Praying for you and everyone on here!
Diane

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -- Bill Watterson (1958 - ), cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 10:44pm

Hi Diane and Christy,

Glad to hear that everything is going OK.  We will keep you in our prayers and stay strong.  He will be guiding you all the way.

Always

Janice

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 11:22pm

I'm headed to Stanford in the morning to try and be some support for Christy, Johnny, and her Mom.  I will have my laptop with me and will keep everyone informed on how it's going.

Diane, I have your numbers in my phone.  I will give you a call.

;Grin

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 8:20am

Christy and Family - you are in my thoughts and prayers today...all the best of luck and Godspeed for a speedy recovery!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #5 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 2:56pm

Babyblue,
               You will get thru this so much easier with D.J. being there he was there for us and it helps so much to talk to someone thats been threw it to no what to expect and not just turn around and ask what a comfort. Hes the bomb as the kids say what a guy. You'll be fine tell Dr S. we said hi and Theresa too. We will be praying and thinking of you. Try to enjoy some of that beautiful Ca. its gorgeous. Looking forward to the next post. Good Luck!!
                                        Nancy Smiley Smiley Wink Cheesy

IP Logged

jenanshanesmom
New Poster

MM survivor

Palm Springs, USA, usa, 55, 203, CA, California
Reply #6 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 9:38pm

Good luck and you have everyone praying for you and your mom.  I am sure the waiting for surgery to be done is lot more difficult than having it done.  I think the waiting is going to be difficult on my husband.. 

Good luck again.  I will say my prayers when I get up.  I hope you had  a great dinner in the San Francisco area.  Wink

Paula

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 9:23am

Hi Diane,

I too want you to know that Christy, you and your family are in my prayers today. I'tll be a long and exhausting day while waiting for the surgery to be over, but she's in excellent hands. Dr Steinberg is the greatest!! There is no one in the world I'd rather have operating on me... and DJ being there is another angel on your side. So, I feel confident all will be just fine. We're there with you in spirit.

God bless,
Mar

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Reply #8 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 12:28pm

Paula,
       Your exactly right D.J. has been on both ends of the stick and said it is much worse waiting to here about your loved one than it is going thru the surgery. We're here for your husband though like Mar said and everyone elses family too. Good Luck your in our thoughts and prayers. I'm sure you'll do great, can't wait for the update.
                                  Nancy  Smiley

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #9 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 7:00pm

Finally got Christy checked into surgery!  It was a loooooong morning, checking in at the hospital at 8:30am (west coast time).  They finally rolled her to the OR around 1pm.  She was in VERY GOOD SPIRITS and ready to get it all over with.

Had to come back to the hotel and get a couple hours sleep before heading back to wait for her to come out of surgery.

I'm including a picture of her taken last night after dinner.  Got a lot more today of her pre-op which I will post as soon as I can.  I'll keep you updated!

;Grin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #10 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 2:11am

Here's a few more pictures from this morning...

Diane & Christy
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Justin (Johnny's friend), Christy, and Johnny (Christy's boyfriend)

Christy, DJ, Diane

Having the left side done today guys...

More later...

WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

dreamerdi
New Poster

babyblue's mom

lakeland, USA, usa, 459, 286, FL, Florida
Reply #11 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 2:48am

HEY EVERYONE,
          WELL CHRISTY FINALLY GOT OUT OF SURGERY ABOUT 830 TONIGHT OUR TIME HERE. IT WAS A VERY LONG DAY FOR US ALL. THE SURGERY WENT GREAT AND NO PROBLEMS. THEY GOT HER TO ICU AND WE FINALLY GOT TO SEE HER ABOUT 9 PM. SHE WAS REALLY STILL DRUGGED UP ALOT AND WASNT FEELING GOOD BUT ACTUALLY WAS DOING GREAT ALTHOUGH SHE WONT REMEMBER IT TOMORROW.  IT WAS SUCH A RELIEF TO SEE HER AND KNOW SHE WAS OK, I HAVE BEEN A NERIVOUS WRECK ALL DAY LONG. THANKFULLY FOR DJ AND HER BOYFRIEND AND OUR OTHER FRIEND, I HAD ALOT OF SUPPORT. WE ARE HOPING SOME TIME TOMORROW THEY WILL MOVE HER TO A REGULAR ROOM AND GET TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH HER. WE WILL CONTITUE WITH UPDATES ON HOW SHE IS DOING AND KEEP YOU ALL INFORMED. THANKYOU FOR ALL YOUR LOVE AND PRAYERS. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO ME. MORE LATER AND LOVE TO ALL

DIANE Smiley

snugglebunnydi dreamerdi5  
IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #12 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 5:26am

Hi Diane and the California gang,

What great news - You are all wonderful for Christy.  Thanks for the neat pictures and updates. 

My sister has some good news.  Patty has a devasting stroke 02/01 and the surgeries at Mayo Clinic 12/02 and 01/03 diagnosed with mm 12/97.  We had her at Florida Neurlogical Institute in Clearwater Florida under Dr. Hemmisphar this past January. (He was up for a Nobel Prize in 1999 for his work with stroke victims.)   Anyway the good news----Patty took 3 steps at therapy yesterday.  She had some help still the same we start with small steps.

Stay strong --we are praying for all of you.

Janice

IP Logged

sc_girl
New Poster

THRIVING not just surviving
since July 2003!

Greenville, USA, usa, 443, 204, SC, South_Carolina
Reply #13 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 6:20am

Good Morning to all of you guys in Cali!

Hope to hear later today that Christy is doing well.  I've been nervous for all of you all the way from south carolina.  The pictures were really cool, thanks! 

Marking her head with the "yes" was a great idea too - JUST IN CASE!

My hair is about Christy's length, and I can't stand for it to be dirty, so I'll be interested to know how long it is before she can wash it (weird request, I guess, yet practical).

Thanks for emailing me personally too, Diane.  I truly appreciate it.  Glad to see also that DJ and Johnny and his friend are all there to give their support also.  I'm STILL waiting to hear about my ops from my doc. at Emory....Maybe today?

Y'all hang in there!
Kiss
Kris

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Reply #14 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 8:56am

Hey Diane,
               So glad to here babyblue's surgery went good (I knew it would) Dr. Steinberg is the best didn't you just love him. Big man isn't he, (haha).
The next side will go just as well I'm sure. Isn't D.J. great? It helps so much to have him there. Your'e lucky to have so much support thats wonderful. We'll be praying for her still tell her to be tough she'll be surprised how quick her recovery will be. Keep us posted. Smiley
                                Nancy

IP Logged

jenanshanesmom
New Poster

MM survivor

Palm Springs, USA, usa, 55, 203, CA, California
Reply #15 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 12:38pm

We are so glad that everything went smoothly.  You are so lucky to have so much support.  I was happy to see pics before hand, but what happened to post op?  I also have hair as long as Christys and want to see what happens.  I have to explain it to a 3 year old and don't want her to be too shocked.   Shocked

I hope everything continues to go well.  I will keep saying prayers.

Paula

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 1:46pm

Hi everyone at Stanford,  Smiley Great news!

Thanks so much for the update and the pics...I've been so anxious. I knew all would go well, (Thank God) cause you have the best on your side... Family, friends, love, prayers and DR.Steinberg!! What more can ya ask for. Smiley Looking forward to hear more about Christy's progress.

Mar Smiley

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 2:46pm

janicetedd wrote on Apr 15th, 2004 at 5:26am:
the good news----Patty took 3 steps at therapy yesterday.  She had some help still the same we start with small steps.

Fantastic news Janice Smiley
I knew she could do it. Patty said she would walk and I believe her. This just isn't a small step...It's a testimony to her strength, faith and perseverance. Tell her we're proud of her and to keep up the good work! Smiley

Your Buddy,
Mar Smiley

IP Logged

Laura
Junior Poster

Monroe, USA, usa, 329, 245, LA, Louisiana
Reply #18 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 3:41pm

It is so wonderful that you are doing so well.  I have been so interested to hear your story and see your pics.  I know everything was easier having such support there in California along with all your moyamoya friends over the computer!!!  I have been extra interested because it looks that I might be right behind you in California with Dr. Steinberg.  He has my films and it looks as though surgery is indicated for me also.  I had a stroke on l/25.  You are in my thoughts and prayers and please continue to update us with your progress with pics and daily posts.  God bless you! Smiley

IP Logged

Kelli
New Poster

Wichita, usa, 283, 180, KS, Kansas
Reply #19 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 10:39pm

Hi everyone in Cali!  This is Kelli, DJ's good friend from Kansas.  Just wanted to wish you the best of luck on the next surgery.  And glad to hear everything went well on the first one.

Just one piece of advice about DJ....Don't let him drag you to Chili's too often!  LOL  (just kidding DeeJ)   ;Grin

Never say NEVER
bmb3007  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #20 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 11:57pm

Kelli wrote on Apr 15th, 2004 at 10:39pm:
Just one piece of advice about DJ....Don't let him drag you to Chili's too often!  LOL  (just kidding DeeJ)   ;Grin

Hahahaha, you're too funny Kelli!  Actually, we haven't had time to go to Chili's, but I have Christy craving some Southwestern eggrolls! lololol

WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #21 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 2:00am

Started out this morning seeing Christy in the ICU about 9am.  She said she made it through the night just fine, waking up every couple of hours.  She was awake and alert this morning and was in a very good mood.  Her eye had gotten pretty black and was starting to swell up pretty good, but she wasn't in any pain.

Only got to spend a little bit of time with her part of the morning in the ICU, but they finally got her into a "normal" room late this afternoon where we were able to spend several hours with her.

All but one of her IV lines had already been taken out and she was up walking on her own.  She was still in a really good mood (cracking some pretty good jokes, actually), and still in no pain.  Swelling around her eye had grown some from when we were with her in the morning, and her eye had gotten a little bit blacker, but it looked like it was starting to slow down.

I leave early in the morning, but Diane assures me she'll continue to keep us updated on Christy's progress.  Pictures from here on out will have to wait until they get back home and can send them to me via email, but she will keep us informed from the computer here at the hotel and the community computer's at Stanford.

Here are the pictures from today...

WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #22 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 5:35am

Hi Christy and Diane,

What great pictures - black eye and all.  We continue to keep you in our prayers and look forward to your updates.

Janice

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Reply #23 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 8:10am

Great pictures Deej its so much comfort to the family back home to see those I know it was for my family its almost like being there. Keep up the good work babyblue your doing great!
                                 Nancy Wink

IP Logged

sc_girl
New Poster

THRIVING not just surviving
since July 2003!

Greenville, USA, usa, 443, 204, SC, South_Carolina
Reply #24 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 8:25am

Hi All!

Christy looks like she came out of this first surgery like a prize fighter!
Glad to see she's in good spirits!  I am too, finally heard yesterday from Dr. Barrow @ Emory...My surgeries are going to be scheduled for May!  Left side first, just like Christy!  I had the best sleep last night I've had since my SPECT scans were done 2 weeks ago!

So glad Christy is doing great.  Thanks for the pics too - She's a really cute girl despite the black eye - by the way, how did that happen?  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge