Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
babyblue in california (Read 32830 times)
DJs_Mom
New Poster

Grammie Lou  :-)

Weatherford, USA, TX, Texas
Re: babyblue in california
Reply #25 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 9:51am

Good Morning from Texas.  I'm DJ's Mom and so happy DJ was able to be come be with you for Christy's surgery.  I wish everyone with MM could go to Stanford and have Dr. Steinberg perform his magic on them.  And .. if DJ had his way .. he'd be there for everyone of them .. helping to calm nerves by sharing his experience and taking pictures so those back home could feel closer to their loved ones.  Congratulations, Christy AND Diane on a successful first surgery.  DJ tells me you are doing GREAT!!!  The next one will be sooo much easier on you all.  Take care and God bless.  I can assure you .. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  AND, DJ have a safe flight back to Kansas.     :)

IP Logged

DianeMain
Experienced Poster

My sister, PatM, has moyamoya.

San Jose, USA, usa, 23, 160, CA, California
Reply #26 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 6:19pm

DJ called me from Denver on his way home.  He gave me Diane's cell phone number, so I will try to call her and maybe visit before they go home at the end of the month.  (With a 3-month old, I don't really get to dictate my own schedule too much, so we'll see . . . . . )

Mom, you must be so proud of DJ for how he has taken an illness (that some might let get them down) and used it instead to support and inform people all over the world.  I am really impressed with him for coming all the way out to California just to be here for Christy and Diane.  And posting the pictures makes us all breathe a sigh of relief, whether for ourselves or our loved ones.  I myself wish someone could send me some pictures of my sister, 3000 miles away, after her surgery from which she just emerged a few hours ago.

You raised your boy right!

Diane Main
San Jose, CA

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -- Bill Watterson (1958 - ), cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #27 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 10:46pm

Found one more good picture of Christy I wanted to put up to remind everyone what she will look like when the black eye's go away, the scars heal, and the hair grows back.

She'll look just as beautiful as she did before her first surgery (when this picture was taken) so don't let the process of it all worry you or get you down!

Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Reply #28 - Apr 17th, 2004 at 12:57am

Dear Everyone,
             Well another day has gone by and we are making progress. Christy's face  and eye were some what worse today but she is handling it alright. I got her up and walking today, she made 6 rounds on the indoor track as she calls it, so they stopped her heprine, her eye looks pretty bad today and alot more bruising around her face but Dr Steinberg said that is normal due to the blood thinners. She had a small TIA attack this afternoon but didnt last long and was only in her hand, she is fine from it. She is still in good spirits but very tired. She is eating pretty good and is so wanting to wash her hair,lol. Not really but she is good. We are looking forward to getting her out on sunday and just spending a couple of days resting. Dj was and is a great guy,  ;Grin, it was so good to have him here for Christy and for me also.  I am trying to keep her up to date on all the replys on here and all  the emails too. We cant put any more pics on right now as i dont have the cords to hook up to this computer and DJ had to return home,but will have lots when we get home and will get DJ to get them on line. She said to tell everyone hello and thank you for all your love and concern. She isnt much into wanting to talk on phone right now, but wants everyone to know she thanks you for your love and prayers and messages you have been sending. Me also, I couldnt never thank you all enough for all you are all doing, and to DJ who had a great shoulder for me to cry on. Well gonna close for tonight, will update you more tomorrow.

Thanks and Love and Prayers to all
Diane and Christy and Johnny

p.s. dj NOOOOOOOOOO CAPSSSSSSSSSSS lol

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

trylands
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Orlando, USA, FL, Florida
Reply #29 - Apr 17th, 2004 at 11:40am

Hey Christy We are all glad you are ok...
Love Todd, Tam and the kids

IP Logged

dreamerdi
New Poster

babyblue's mom

lakeland, USA, usa, 459, 286, FL, Florida
Reply #30 - Apr 17th, 2004 at 3:45pm

Sad, Well we have had a little setback, about midnight last night i got called back to the hospital as Christy had a seizure. They took her and got a ct scan, which showed nothing so that was good. It is actually really normal to have seizures after any type brain surgery. They moved her to a kinda little icu room so there is a nurse with her all the time, they are being great about letting me and Johnny come in to see her. Needless to say I havent left the hosptial again.I will go and take a shower later and stay the night again. Johnny and I are going to take turns staying here as not to wear ourselves out. But she is good, really sleepy as they put her on anti seizure medication, they changed it because the first one she had a reaction to. but she is doing much better now. Will update later this afternoon.

Love and Prayers to all
DIANE, CHRISTY AND JOHNNY

snugglebunnydi dreamerdi5  
IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #31 - Apr 17th, 2004 at 4:32pm

hi Diane/Christy/Johnny

Thank you so much for tfollow-ups.  Sorry about the incident   /siezure.  After Patty had her second surgery she had a seizure -- they called it a focul seizure.  No damage just the brain adjusting to the surgery.

Keep up the good work.

Janice

IP Logged

sc_girl
New Poster

THRIVING not just surviving
since July 2003!

Greenville, USA, usa, 443, 204, SC, South_Carolina
Reply #32 - Apr 17th, 2004 at 5:15pm

Hi Diane, Christy and Johnny,

Thanks for the updates.  Glad to know they didn't see anything bad on the CT scan.  What's the difference between a "seizure" and a "TIA" ? My neurologist kept telling me what I was having were seizures (and put me on Keppra), but the more I hear about TIAs , the more I think what I had were TIAs.  I guess he just has confused me about all of it Angry

Please let Christy know (if you haven't yet) that I'm genuinely concerned about her (even though we've never actually met).  When I hear she's had a setback, it makes me sad   Cry

Diane, you and Johnny are really troopers in every sense of the word.  Maybe we can talk sometime.  My Mom told me she'd love to know all the details from an expert, and I think you're awfully close to qualifying at this point.  I just want to know stuff like when I can wash my hair and how I'm going to be able to see without my glasses!

Do you think Dr. S will still perform the right side surgery next week - or is it still too early to tell?

If Christy's eyes stay black too long, she can always wear shades 8)...wait, that won't work, because of the incision(s)!  Sometimes you just can't win, can ya?  My surgeries haven't been scheduled yet, so I'm going to check back w/Emory on Monday because I keep having increasingly irritating dizzy spells Smiley, and I'm thinking the sooner the surgery, the better.

If your not too tired, and you deserve to be Undecided, please keep updating all of us out here in MM land.

Many many thanks,
Kris

IP Logged

dreamerdi
New Poster

babyblue's mom

Reply #33 - Apr 18th, 2004 at 12:17pm

Morning to everyone, Smiley
         Sorry I didnt write last night was so tired and all and just wanted to stay with christy, she slept most of saturday due mainly to the medicine, and most of the time, I stayed here with her and let Johnny go get some sleep back at the hotel. She looks really good this morning and says she feels pretty good, well said she felt like she was run over by a train, lol, Tongue I told her that was ok cause she looked like it too Smiley, haha. Christy is really feeling better this morning, thankfully. They said she might even get to go back to hotel today, ;Grin so we will see when doctor comes in, update more later.

love and prayers to all
Diane, Christy and Johnny Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Apr 18th, 2004 at 12:35pm

Smiley
Thanks so much for the updates Diane...we're all a wreck here worrying and they're so comforting. Please give Christy a big hug and tell her how proud we are of her...What a trooper!! You go girl!!! Smiley
Take care of you too Diane Smiley

God bless,
Mar

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #35 - Apr 18th, 2004 at 7:25pm

Chrisy,
         Bummer on  the seizure but hang in there you'll be o.k. positive thinking, I really hope you get to go back to the hotel it does a world of good if you can't though it's for a good reason and the best for you. Before you know it you'll be back to normal and it will seem like it was so long ago. Your a brave young girl and strong you hang in there and we love to here your updates, looking forward to one soon again. Hope you have a quick recovery.
                               Nancy  Smiley Cheesy ;Grin Smiley

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #36 - Apr 18th, 2004 at 10:55pm

Just wanted everyone to know, I talked to Diane tonight.  Christy was released from the hospital today and was able to go back to the hotel.  She's doing good, just tired from the medication so she's sleeping most of the time.

I was able to get her to giggle with an inside joke on the phone, so I know she's ok... lol

Keep her, Diane and Johnny in your thoughts and prayers this week as Christy will have her second surgery this coming Wednesday!

Smiley

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

FYRMOM911
New Poster

Kelsey's mom

Miamisburg, USA, OH, Ohio
Reply #37 - Apr 19th, 2004 at 10:31am

I just found this web page today, and I am so glad that I did.  I hope your daughter is recovering well.
My little girl (she's 8) was just through an MRI, and it came back as possilbe MM.  She has more tests to go through now.  I'm so glad you posted all you experience, I will be showing it to Kelsey, to help her understand and be brave.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Colleen

Stroke 10-26-2008.  MM Surgery 12-30-2009.  
IP Logged

jenanshanesmom
New Poster

MM survivor

Palm Springs, USA, usa, 55, 203, CA, California
Reply #38 - Apr 19th, 2004 at 2:05pm

My prayers are still with you.  You at least got out of the hospital for a little while.  Keep the spirits up!

Paula

IP Logged

sc_girl
New Poster

since July 2003!

Reply #39 - Apr 21st, 2004 at 8:11am

Diane and Christy,

You are both on my mind and in my prayers again today for the 2nd surgery.  Just want to let you know you're both my heroes!

Hope this one goes well.  Let us all know when you can.

Thanks,
Kris Smiley

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #40 - Apr 21st, 2004 at 12:57pm

You go Christy show us your stuff we know you can pull through this one just as easy, keep up the good work.
We'll be waiting to here from you. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.
                                      Nancy Smiley Wink

IP Logged

sc_girl
New Poster

since July 2003!

Reply #41 - Apr 21st, 2004 at 1:40pm

Christy and Diane...

It's me AGAIN!  Hope things are going great today for you both. 

I just got my surgery date  ;Grin  at Emory... Left side surgery on May 18th - check in at 6AM! Smiley

Of course, pre op stuff will be on May 17th, 2pm.  I can handle that time of day much better. 

Maybe you both(?) can come visit me and my family while we're there and share some of your MM wisdom Smiley.  I'd love to finally meet you both.  We'll see how everything goes, I guess... one day at a time is all anyone can do!

Love and best wishes,
Kris Wink

IP Logged

alice_moya
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

west hartford, USA, CT, Connecticut
Reply #42 - Apr 21st, 2004 at 4:45pm

Hello all,

Those are lovely pictures.  DJ, you are a wonderful person for being so supportive.  I don't know too many people who would do that.  How nice it must have been to experience this with soemone who has been there, just like family.  Alice
By the way, Christy you are a beaugtiful girl and I am glad you are okay.

IP Logged

dreamerdi
New Poster

babyblue's mom

Reply #43 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 3:23pm

Hello To All,
       Smiley Smiley    Well our second surgery  is done, sorry I didnt post last night, she didnt get out of surgery till midnight and it was like 1am before i could see her. Dr Steinberg wasnt able to use the artery where he had planned to get it from, so he took one off the lining of her brain, it worked very good and the blood flow is good. Smiley We are now back at the hospital and have seen her she is still in icu, they will move her some time today as long as she is doing good, and they find a room,lol. He said her headache maybe a little worse because of where he had to get the artery from. Her face is starting to swell on the right side and is slowly starting to match the left. She said to tell everyone hello and thanks for all your love and prayers. Kris we will definatley be coming to see you when you have your surgery, so tell your mom she will have someone to hang out with, and keep her company. Christy maynot be able to stay the whole time depending on how she is feeling but I will be glad to be with her. Well gonna run for now will write more again later. Talk to you all soon.

love
diane, christy and johnny Smiley

IP Logged

PatM
Experienced Poster

Woodcliff Lake, USA, usa, 498, 109, NJ, New_Jersey
Reply #44 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 3:52pm

Hi Christy and Diane----PatM here.  Christy you are a beautiful girl and so brave.....I really look forward to meeting you and Diane this August.....Sorry I did not get to write sooner, but I just had my first EDAS surgery on April 16th.  The black eye wasn't as black as yours, but my right eye was swollen completely shut (with the bandage on my head and my swollen eye, I looked like a combination of Sponge Bob/Quasimodo).  Know that our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and that we are all rooting for your speedy recovery.....God Bless you, your family, Johnny and DJ for being with you....and remember to pray for Jared, who has Down's syndrome and is having his surgery on
April 30th at NY Presbyterian Hospital.  He has an MRI on the 29th (I get my staples and stitches removed from my head that day---so I hope to be meeting Donna, Jared's mom, and some of his sisters at the hospital that day.)  Be well, with lots of love and prayers from your moyamoya family, PatM Wink Cheesy

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."...Jackie Robinson&&Worry looks around....Faith looks up......
psmartinlaw  
IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #45 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 3:53pm

Good to hear that Christy is doing well!  Thanks, again, for keeping us posted.  She's in our prayers for a speedy recovery!!

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #46 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 6:13pm

Hi Diane, Christy and Johnny

Glad to hear the good news.  I know it was a long day for you and also as long for us waiting for news. 

We will  keep you in our prayers and I asm sure that you will be home soon.

Diane - we should be hearing something soon about taking Patty back to Clearwater.  I will keep you informed.

Janice 

IP Logged

sc_girl
New Poster

since July 2003!

Reply #47 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 6:54pm

Hello again Diane, Christy and Johnny (he's still hangin' in there too, I guess - wasn't sure)!

Glad to hear the right side went OK.  Hope Christy's recovery goes well as does everyone else on this site !Cheesy

I was also really happy to hear that you both might be able to come see me and my Mom and Dad while I'm at Emory ;Grin

It's odd, but really good that having such a rare disease could bring people together that in a "normal" lifetime may have never met!  I'm very happy about that.  Give Christy a hug for me, but be sure not to hit either of the sore spots lol. 

Love,
Me (Kris) and my Mom (Joan) and Dad (Bob)
Smiley

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 7:25pm

Smiley Way ta go Christy! Smiley

So glad the second surgery went as well as the first!! Now, ...on with getting stronger and carrying on a normal life. Another success storty in our mm family. Thanks be to God!

Diane and Johnny... You're the greatest support team!! Now you can relax.

Group Hug! Smiley

IP Logged

dreamerdi
New Poster

babyblue's mom

Reply #49 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 10:33pm

Smiley everyone,
     well we finally have gotten out to a private room, hehehe i asked dr steinberg to get it for me, not leaveing christy alone. what can i say the mom in me. she is doing pretty good this evening. pretty sore and her right side hurts quit a bit but he said it might hurt more because of where he had to get the artery. haha she doesnt want to take anything for pain, silly girl friends comes on at 8 and she doesnt want to miss it. duhhhhhh anyway will write more later. love and prayers to all. thinking and praying for all who are fixin to go thru the same. will write more later when i have some more time. love you all

diane, christy and johnny Kiss

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge