Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
babyblue in california (Read 32828 times)
DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Re: babyblue in california
Reply #50 - Apr 23rd, 2004 at 2:03am

dreamerdi wrote on Apr 22nd, 2004 at 10:33pm:
she doesnt want to take anything for pain, silly girl friends comes on at 8 and she doesnt want to miss it.

Smiley Smiley Smiley  That is too friggin' funny!!

So glad to hear you got a private room this time.  You all deserve it!

Christy, I think about all of us joking around before your first surgery every day and it makes me giggle.  You keep smiling girl!

Diane, text me the number to Christy's room and I'll call before I go to work Friday afternoon.

;Grin

-DJ

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #51 - Apr 23rd, 2004 at 2:07am

sc_girl wrote on Apr 22nd, 2004 at 6:54pm:
It's odd, but really good that having such a rare disease could bring people together that in a "normal" lifetime may have never met!  I'm very happy about that.

Very well put Kris!  You're right!  It's awesome!

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #52 - Apr 23rd, 2004 at 7:45am

I second that D.J. and Christy excellent job so glad to here your doing well even though we all had faith that you would, stay strong and remember your through the worse part now its just recovery and back to a normal life. I'm so glad for you thats the best news ever. Get your rest.
                       Nancy Smiley Smiley
                                   Smiley Wink Cheesy ;Grin Smiley

IP Logged

dreamerdi
New Poster

babyblue's mom

lakeland, USA, usa, 459, 286, FL, Florida
Reply #53 - Apr 24th, 2004 at 6:12pm

Smiley
     Hi Everyone,
              Well another day has almost past and we are doing great. They might let her return to hotel tomorrow and she will get staples out on wed or thurs this week. She is hopeing she will be able to wash her hair about thursday or friday.She says her right side isnt hurting as much as the left side still does. I am gonna talk to Dr Steinberg about that when I see him. She has been up and walking around some today and I took her outside for a little while but the sun bothered her so we didnt stay out long. Once again thanks for all the love and prayers and talk to you all soon. ;Grin 

love
Diane,Christy and Johnny Smiley

snugglebunnydi dreamerdi5  
IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #54 - Apr 24th, 2004 at 10:38pm

Hi Diane, Christy and Johnny.

Glad to hear all the good news - - we will keep you in our prayers and hope you get the Ok to head home.  I am sure that you are tired of hotel rooms. 

Janice

IP Logged

sc_girl
New Poster

THRIVING not just surviving
since July 2003!

Greenville, USA, usa, 443, 204, SC, South_Carolina
Reply #55 - Apr 25th, 2004 at 9:31am

Hi All 3 of you still out in Cali!

Glad to hear that the 2nd op seemed to go better.  I'm a little nervous about the "no washing hair for so long" thing, but with the 2 ops one after another, I guess there's no choice! Smiley

I bet all of you are so glad that this is almost all behind you now, and home is right around the corner (even if it is across the country!).  Bet a good night's sleep in your own bed (Christy at least) will feel so good Smiley

I'm already starting my preps (trying to tie up loose ends at work and personal stuff) to get ready for Emory on the 18th.  Once again, I'm so glad you plan to be there for me and my parents.  After you get back to Georgia, will you please email me your phone # so we can talk in person? I'll send you both mine (and my parent's) when you get  back home.  You certainly don't need to try to keep up with anymore than you absolutely HAVE to right now! Cheesy

Keep us posted as to when the hair washing finally takes place, and if it can be done with one set of staples (rt. side) still in?  And let us know how the next week goes for y'all.

Thanks, and HANG IN THERE!
You're almost at the finish line - I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that the recovery from here on out is a snap! No more of the head-splitting barfing I hope...

Smiley  That HAD to be miserable!!!!

Love, Kris Smiley

IP Logged

donna
New Poster

jareds mom

brooklyn, USA, usa, 492, 144, NY, New_York
Reply #56 - Apr 25th, 2004 at 6:33pm

hi christy & diane
                        i am so glad to hear the second surgery is over and went as well as the first you can go home and begin your new life now how wonderful i will continue to pray for you and everyone else my son jared goes for his first surgery this friday the 29th here in ny i wish everything was over  the days just seem to be crawling by i just hope and pray he does as well as you it is very reassuring to read all the updates thanks so much for letting me and everyone else know how everything went stay well and god bless
                                                         donna

IP Logged

dreamerdi
New Poster

babyblue's mom

lakeland, USA, usa, 459, 286, FL, Florida
Reply #57 - Apr 26th, 2004 at 1:32pm

Morning to everyone,
        Well we got to come back to hotel yesterday afternoon and Christy had a pretty good night, woke up a few times.She has a pretty bad headache this morning. Donna we have you and your son in our prayers and are thinking about you. I know I have been so busy with everything here havent been able to response to everyones post but want you to know that I am thinking about you guys. I know everything will be alright. Right now we have an appointment to see Dr. Steinberg on wed to get her staples out and hopefully with no other problems will be flying out on sat morning.I cant say we arnt ready to fly home. It will be so much better and I think we will be able to rest better too. Well will write more later. All take care and talk to you soon. And kris cant wait to meet you and your family I will email you the numbers.

love and prayers
Diane,Christy and Johnny

snugglebunnydi dreamerdi5  
IP Logged

PatM
Experienced Poster

Woodcliff Lake, USA, usa, 498, 109, NJ, New_Jersey
Reply #58 - Apr 26th, 2004 at 7:27pm

Hi Christy, Diane, Johnny and all---

Glad to hear that all is progressing well and we all hope and pray that you are home soon.  I am so looking forward to meeting you all in August.  You are some terrific people.  The party is shaping up to be really big.  The New York Metro Mass Choir will probably be performing(90% sure).  I have their CD and it is just wonderful.  My husband works with the husband of one of the choir members and we are going to see them at Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center on Friday, May 14th.  They are fabulous.......I know you will really enjoy them.  You can check out their website.  Also, spoke to our lawyer today about "The Moyamoya Foundation---Helping Hands, Caring Hearts", a 501(c) (3) tax exempt charitable foundation.  (Hope you all like the name).  So, glad to hear that you are dong well; by the way, Kris, I still have the staples in the right side of my head (about 7 inches worth) and Dr. Connolly showed me how to carefully wash the right side.  Staples will come out this Thursday.  I will be at the hospital with Donna and Jared on Thursday, when he has his angiogram and MRI, and on Friday, April 30th, when Dr. Connolly performs the surgery.  DJ is an inspiration; if he can do it, so can I.  They are so anxious and frightened, especially since Jared has Down's syndrome.  They are brave people, like all of you.  DJ---Could you please help me and post this in a new topic----about the Moyamoya Foundation, etc.  I want to keep people informed.  The lawyer's name is Tom Wroebel and he is in San Francisco, California.....my girlfriend who is an attorney with the IRS will contact people in the tax exempt status section and speed us through the process....I am fronting all the costs, so anybody who wants to know about this can either post something on the new topic or e-mail be directly......By  August 29th, we will be up and running.......Love to you all, Pat M

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."...Jackie Robinson&&Worry looks around....Faith looks up......
psmartinlaw  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge