Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Many thanks (Read 3052 times)
ariannasmommy
Experienced Poster

^i^Angel Arianna^i^

Herrin, USA, usa, 361, 171, IL, Illinois
Many thanks
May 2nd, 2004 at 1:24pm

I wasn't sure how well I would be recieved here.  I am so overwhelmed by the response. 
I have read through many of the guestbook entries, and was just amazed at how many people have undergone successful surgeries. In my book successful means you have a good quality of life.  I won't lie, I am extremely angry at the physicans who missed this diagnosis for so very long.  I just hope through the legal system I can get some justice for Angel Arianna.  I like that.  I so wish she was still with us.  I know all here are very special, but I do have a bias opinion of Arianna.  She was so very special.  The whole ICU and Surgical staff at Boston just fell in love with her, and most never even go to speak with her.  I so much want to come to NJ for the get together, but even if I can't, I know Arianna will be there.  I know in my heart she speaks to me to help spread as much information as possible.  I don't know how well I will do at spreading hope. 
So if any of you are getting ready for surgery, listen for a giggle and a spearmint odor.  That seems to be Arianna's calling card.  I don't know if anyone believes in this or not, but I have heard from others that they have experienced this.  One person was in the ICU with us in Boston.  I believe.
Best wishes to all of you and to DJ, thanks so very much for a place like this.  I will be informing the doctors around here of this site so they can come and read and maybe get some first had knowledge of this affliction.
Thanks again,
Tammy

Tammy Carter
munbby2004  
IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Re: Many thanks
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2004 at 7:52pm

Tammy,I do believe your Arianna is an angel. In Boston we became close to a family who's son passed away while we were with them in ICU.We cried together and this mom said that kathleen had her own angel now and her son would watch over her.Kathleen was in very unstable condition and was facing her second surgery the next morning . the second surgery went even better than the first which had to be stopped because her EEG went extremely low.Amazingly she is recover from several strokes and hasn't had any new ones.
   Like you I would be so angry with the Dr.'s. I hope we can get dr.'s to listen to parents. Whenever Kathleen was in the hospital locally we had to educate the staff about her condition, and the precautions that needed to be taken.T hank you for letting us share your angel. Please tell us more about her, it shows in your words how special she must have been.Glad you have joined us here.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

PatM
Experienced Poster

Woodcliff Lake, USA, usa, 498, 109, NJ, New_Jersey
Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2004 at 8:57pm

Hi Tammy----As I told you in my private e-mail to you, if you need my help regarding medical malpractice lawyers, I can contact my law school pal (Who happens to be one of the best med mal attorneys in New Jersey) to find a recommendation for you in your state.......As you will see from my story on the guest book, I also suffered horribly as a result of a misdiagnosis.....but I am still alive to tell my story, thank God.  One of the problems would  be that moyamoya is such a rare disease that misdiagnosis is probably more common than not.  Frankly, although I am a lawyer, as I told you, I am normally not in favor of filing medical malpractice cases in all but the most extreme of circumstances.  Although the death of Arianna is certainly extreme, due to the rareness of moyamoya and the difficulty with diagnoses, it may be very difficult to find an expert who would testify (one neurologist vs. another neurologist).  What we all need to do, in my opinion, is focus on educating the neurologists and neurosurgeons about this rare and potentially devastating disease.....that is one of the reasons that I am starting the Moyamoya foundation.......I'm glad that you like the name Angel Arianna---it was the first thing that popped into my mind---like I said, we are all here for you.....call or e-mail anytime..... Cry CryPatM....Remember that God is with you always and so is your special Angel Arianna----she remains alive in your heart and mind and your beautiful memories of her....Good night and God Bless. Kiss

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."...Jackie Robinson&&Worry looks around....Faith looks up......
psmartinlaw  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2004 at 2:01pm

Tammy,
          I am also angry that DR's miss diagnosed Mandy also because if she wasn't she would have been spared her 4 devistating strokes and years of rehab and fighting back and having her whole life turned upside down. I agree with Pat though I don't think much can be done now but to EDUCATE thats definately the name of the game I will tell anyone who will listen about it if the conversation comes up. World wide it needs to be talked about though and there are people who are trying to spread it, eventually we will get there like anything it will take time.
                                   Nancy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge