Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Good news for Kelseyt (Read 2172 times)
FYRMOM911
New Poster

Kelsey's mom

Miamisburg, USA, OH, Ohio
Good news for Kelseyt
May 7th, 2004 at 12:30pm

We spent the afternoon with the neurologist at Dayton's Children's Hospital.  Dr. Lacey was very nice, and made Kelsey feel at ease.  After her looked at all her info, he has decided that she will not need surgery.  I guess since the headaches have not do any damage, it's not as bad as what we had thought. 
He seems to think it's more related to just Migranes, then MM.  So he put her on a "migrane diet", no caffeine, cheese or chocolate. 
Now before everyone starts, I am sending out her info to Dr. Scott.....I still want a second opinion.  All the stuff we discussed yesteday just seems to easy.
She will be getting an EEG, and have routine MRI's.
Thanks to all of you for listening, andhelping me be brave in an uncertain time !!
Love,
Colleen

Stroke 10-26-2008.  MM Surgery 12-30-2009.  
IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Re: Good news for Kelseyt
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2004 at 9:59pm

FYRMOM911 wrote on May 7th, 2004 at 12:30pm:
Now before everyone starts, I am sending out her info to Dr. Scott.....I still want a second opinion.  All the stuff we discussed yesteday just seems to easy.
She will be getting an EEG, and have routine MRI's.
Thanks to all of you for listening, andhelping me be brave in an uncertain time !!

Excellent - you are not just listening to one doctor.  Good luck - I hope, for Kelsey's sake, that they are just migranes!

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Re: Good news for Kelseyt
Reply #2 - May 8th, 2004 at 2:18am

Colleen,
             I had to laugh out loud when you said they put her on a migraine diet then said "before everyone starts" that was halarious to me because you know we would have started because as I was reading I'm saying to myself uhuh she is not taking that for an answer then read further on and that just cracked me up. Good job way to keep pushing, life is to precious for one opinion and I'm sure you'll get a good one from Dr. Scott.
                            Nancy  ;Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge