Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Our Princeton meeting is finished (Read 9164 times)
tomg
Experienced Poster

West and wewaxsation at
wast. What I crave.

HowellNJ, USA, usa, 499, 119, NJ, New_Jersey
Our Princeton meeting is finished
Jan 15th, 2006 at 11:34am

Smiley  Our weekend in Princeton is over and we had a fantastic time 8)
     In attendance was  Tom,  Shari,  Trina and mom,   Michelle,  a suprise visit by Jill and Tara ;Grin,  Greg and Girlfriend Olga,  and a cameo visit by my fiesty friend  Mar and her sister Fran.

We spent about 3 hours touring the beautiful Campus of Princeton University ( I heard that's a pretty good school) Roll Eyes
     And guess what  Shan!! Smiley
     We got a snow storm! ;Grin

i'm soooo glad we did this and thank you to all who came.   Next stop Orlando. Smiley

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Re: Our Princeton meeting is finished
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 3:11pm

Hi Tom,

Wow!  Great to hear that the Princeton gathering went well!  ;Grin  I wish I could've been there too...   I sure hope to meet all of you one day.  I think this was a great idea!  Could we meet in Hawaii one day?  

Snow storm?  Cool!  Cheesy Shocked  Did you get some pics?  Send a pic to me!  Man, I truly hope to see snow someday... Sure looks like fun!

Great job with the Princeton gathering, Tom!  Glad to see you're doing well post-op too.  Smiley

Take care...much Aloha!
Shan
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2006 at 3:12pm by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

tiomasai
Experienced Poster

Arriba Arriba!

Queens, NY,
Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 4:42pm

Hi all:

The NE gathering of Moya moya'ers is over, and we have returned home.  Sad  My mom, having come to NY at the last minute, came with me and after a few delays and getting a bit lost (I mixed up north and south), we finally managed to get to the Marriott Courtyard at 7pm on Saturday, and got the biggest surprise  of our lives[smiley=JAW_DROP.gif] - Jill and Tara came from San Jose!  We were so thrilled - I hadn't seen a smile on my mom's face like that in a long while! 

The other surprise of course was Mar & Fran!!  I was so happy they came, esp. since they were down the street!!  Of course kudos to Jill and Tara to getting them to come over, but hopefully next time, Michelle and I will be enough to attract their wonderful company!  Wink    I love you guys! 

The gathering was wonderful, and I'm so sorry that I missed a good portion of it.  Tom, Greg & Olga (you guys are sooo cute together!), Shari were so much fun - dinner was great!   Michelle, as always, is a hoot ->   Smiley  (she's the one on the right LOL). 

The after dinner slumber party in room 206 until 1:30am was hilarious.  My mom still can't believe I had so much ice cream (I on the other hand can't believe we paid so much for it).  The prank calls to DJ and David were too much - I'm surprised DJ was even up!!  Did you win anything Deej, you gambler you.  Wink  Believe it or not, I was sure you were the surprise at Princeton.   ;Grin 

While I missed the visit into Princeton, I am convinced that we could all meet in the middle of nowhere in a nice hotel like Marriott and have a blast!!   

Orlando, here we come!!!!!!!!  (And early warning to all if you don't come, prank calls likely, and next time with disregard to time zone)....   Smiley

Bunches and bunches of love to all!
Trina

IP Logged

Greg-NJ1
Experienced Poster

Mis-diagnosed with MM
in 2005, arterial restricion

Teaneck, NJ
Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 7:06pm

Hi gang,

All that I can say is thank you to everyone at the Princeton gathering. Olga and I had a wonderful time laughing and talking with everyone. Although I missed the slumber party and the snow ball fight it was blast just hanging out and walking through the rain.

On a personal note, thank you for all of the concern. Please know that I am moving forward with this as I am ready. Meeting all of you has given me that extra little bit of courage that I needed. Seeing how health and happy everyone is removed the remaining few fears that I had. Thank you...thank you...thank you....

Tom, thank you for recommending this and for starting things rolling. Thank you for the surgical talk on Friday night.

Michelle, I'm sure the drive home was a long one today. But thank you for being there....you truly are the life of a party....and thank you for the big surprise.

Jill and Tara, wow, I'm still amazed that you made the long trip for such a short weekend. As I said over the weekend, I'm always willing to be a tour guide in NYC.

Shari, we're going to take you up on the personal tour of Philly.

Fran and Mar, thank you for the coffee mug. It was a big surprise....please know that it will go to good use....Mar all that I can say is "go Rocky, go Rocky"....

Trina, don't look be hind you while you are reading this because I think there is a mouse behind you. I was just thinking....Trina and Mouse.....I think Micky and Minny might need a bodygaurd in August.

And remember, NJ is a small state...there is not much land mass separating NYC, CT, and PA from each other...meaning that its not a supper long drive for the occassional diner get together.

Thank you all for a wonderful weekend. Thank you for the laughs.....and here's to new friendships  Smiley
Greg and Olga

I was misdiagnosed with MM in March of 2005. In January 2006, I was told it is not MM, but rather a massive restriction in the MC1 segment of my left carotid artery.

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 7:09pm

This weekend was a blast!  We had such a great time! 

Shan - of course there are pictures of the snow!!!  Coming your way....

Michelle - great surprise...and you keep a secret so well!!! 

Jill and Tara - it was so awesome of you to come all the way to NJ!

Greg and Olga - I agree with Trina - you make such a cute couple.  It was great meeting you guys!

Tom - Great meeting you too.  Thank you so much for suggesting this gathering!

Mar and Fran - So glad you spent the day with us!  It was a lot of fun!

Trina and Mom! - Great meeting you ladies too! 

All in all it was a fabulous weekend!!!

Smiley Smiley...love to you all!

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

tiomasai
Experienced Poster

Arriba Arriba!

Queens, NY,
Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 7:56pm

Oh my Dodd!  (our new take on the common phrase, oh my gosh! Wink )...so many things I forgot to add...

Shan, I totally forgot to mention the blast we had in the snow fight last night!!   We definitely have pictures...with more snow than people...it was really coming down yesterday!  My mother, coming from Cleveland, watched the insanity from inside the restaurant.  Wink  We even had a snowman (woman, person, it), but one of us (I can't remember if it was me or Shari) obliterated it with our cars.  Wink  Mar, you should play baseball - what a shot you got with that arm!!

Shari, I also want to add that am so glad to know a fellow moya moya'er who is as geeky as I am.  I think we freaked Tara out with all our geek talk.  Smiley 

Greg, just FYI, I never did like Mickey and Minnie.  I was more of a Donald and Daisy person.  You mentioning it makes me realize why.  Wink  We returned home to no mouse sightings, so I am happy camper!  And Mar, thank you for comforting me in my 'I found a mouse in my house' tizzy!! 

Greg, I am very glad to hear that you feel more comfortable regarding possible surgery.  You should fear nothing -- there are so many of us on this board who are incredible survivors and you too are a testament that moyamoya diagnosis does not have to mean poor quality of life.  Smiley

Tom, I forgot to also mention, thank you for suggesting this gathering!!  I had been thinking about this ever since Jill's party at her CA house in November but you pulled it all together!  Thank you buddy!

Finally, Michelle, I admire you for keeping the secret!  Don't worry, I will exact my revenge on you three in due time (when you'll least expect it, but when you'll most appreciate it!!)!  Wink    Can't wait to see you all again!  Tell 'somebody else' that 'somebody' says hi!!

Smiley to all!
Trina

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 9:21pm

Smiley

Oh my Dodd, did Franny & I have a blast! Thank you all for making us feel so welcome. I can’t tell you how hard I laughed during that snowball fight!! That was so much fun. Oh, and BTW Trina, I did play semi-pro softball for years, but luckily I’m just an old fart now and a powder puff, or I would have binged Tara in the head even harder…lol.. but boy, didn’t I get her good!?!…lmao, but she got even, I gotta tell ya and I have the pics to prove it…lol.. I can’t look at em without cracking up all over again. Oh, and guess what? My fillet mignon doggie bag is still sitting in the parking lot along with Tara’s smashed snowman/midget/thing/it…lol.. Thanks everyone for the memorable time. I’ll cherish it in my heart always. You all are truly wonderful people. Yeah, even that ornery, feisty Tom is ok too…lol.

Hugs to all...  Smiley

Mar

IP Logged

Fran
New Poster

Mandy, My loving niece
 lives with MM

Phila,   PA
Reply #7 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 9:25pm

Hi all,

I want to thank everyone also for the great time this weekend. It was lovely meeting all of you. You truly are a wonderful group of people.

I have some great pictures!

Thank you,
Fran

"What we have done for ourselves alone, dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal" ~Albert Pike

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Reply #8 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 10:29pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that I made it home ok.  It was quite windy the whole way home.  Tara and Jill now know how much I hate bridges....but only when it's windy.  I didn't have problems, but this one bridge my car was getting whipped around from left to right like a pinball mahcine.  I was terrified!  But I made it. 

Now, I've got to get to bed!  I've already received one email on my personal account about all the work that I need to do as soon as I get in tomorrow!!!  Oh my Dodd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Smiley  It doesn't get any better than that!!

I will post more tomorrow....but I've got to get to bed....

Love to all....it was a great weekend!!!!!

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #9 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 2:22am

Hey guys,

Well, the west coast contingent made it home!  It's late . . . we're exhausted . . . but boy, what memories we've carried home with us!  Poor Campbell is probably already tired of hearing us relay stories about our short time in Princeton.  What an awesome time we had!

Greg, thanks so much for playing tour guide!  Anyone who knows me has quickly learned that I get turned around after making one turn.  Someone to direct is crucial when I'm in unfamiliar territory!!!  It was wonderful meeting you and Olga - as others have said, you seem like a terrific couple.  Your attitude is great, and I know you'll do very well through surgery.

Michelle, thanks a million for picking us up at the airport, getting us to Princeton, then returning us to the airport.  You really CAN keep a secret!  We definitely missed Shane's presence, but as always, it was wonderful hanging out with you.

Mar and Fran, I can't tell you how special it was that you came over for the day.  Thank you just doesn't do justice for what you added to our little group.  My jaw hurts from all the laughing, and the snowball fight was unbelievably fun.  I can't wait to see you both again!

Shari, it was very good to see you!  It was fun sharing all the laughs, and I can't wait to do it again in Orlando (or sometime between now and then if we can come up with another idea!)

Tom, great to finally get to meet you.  Thanks for suggesting the get-together and for everything you did to make it happen.

Trina, I hope you can forgive me for my "secret".  Never in a million years did I think there was a chance of you arriving in Princeton earlier!  This was a short visit, and if I thought we would have had more time, I would've done things differently.  Spending time with you and your mom was wonderful - it's never long enough!  Maybe one day we'll live closer together !?!

When we were saying our goodbyes to everyone this morning, I felt like I was Dorothy (in the Wizard of Oz) saying farewell to her dear friends the scarecrow, the tinman and the lion.  We won't go into who's who (it's not important), but it was VERY difficult to leave you all.  I love you guys dearly, and though it will be nice to be home, big pieces of my heart are with you.

O.K., before this gets any sappier, I'm going to sign off for the night.  Thanks again for a great weekend . . . Trina, I hope the mouse is gone . . . if not, I might ask Dr. D to pay you a visit to help out (hmmmm, maybe that's not a bad idea!).

Hugs from out west, and I'll talk to y'all soon!

Smiley, Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

Greg-NJ1
Experienced Poster

Mis-diagnosed with MM

Teaneck, NJ
Reply #10 - Jan 22nd, 2006 at 6:19pm

Hey all,

I just sent DJ a couple of pictures from our weekend. Hopefully well see them up on the site.

Greg

I was misdiagnosed with MM in March of 2005. In January 2006, I was told it is not MM, but rather a massive restriction in the MC1 segment of my left carotid artery.

IP Logged

Greg-NJ1
Experienced Poster

Mis-diagnosed with MM

Teaneck, NJ
Reply #11 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 6:35pm

Princeton Gang....

I know that we had a great time in Janurary and that Tara was able to build a snowman (ok...a very small snowman, but a snowman non the less). I must tell you all that with the recent batch of warm weather, Princeton is completely in bloom...and it is georgeous....daffidills, tulips, and every flowering tree are completely in bloom, wish you all could be hear to see it.

Greg

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #12 - Apr 15th, 2006 at 5:04pm

I bet it's beautiful!  I've been enjoying the warm weather!

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge