Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mr Dominic Thompson @ GOSH, London UK (Read 11797 times)
markppearson
New Poster

Westgate-on-Sea, United_Kingdom
Mr Dominic Thompson @ GOSH, London UK
Feb 3rd, 2008 at 8:12pm

My Son underwent an EC-IC bypass under Mr Thompson in February 2007. I had every faith in his abilities and must trust was well founded.

Anyone who would like to chat about Mr Thompson, his Team,  GOSH, Moya-moya or anything else related, please feel free to e-mail, and either myself, my Son Grant or my Wife will try to help. Wink

Please feel free to watch the News item we did in order to help highlight Moyamoya and in a way, acknowledge GOSH & Mr Thompson. Click on link below to watch video.
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/markppear5on/?action=view&current=VTS_01_1.flv

All the best.

markppearson markmtg  
IP Logged

marie0606
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

falkirk, United_Kingdom, europe, 172, 197
Re: Mr Dominic Thompson @ GOSH, London UK
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2008 at 7:31am

Hi
My name is Michelle my daughter Marie (17) has suffered 2 strokes since May 08 we have just been informed through our G.P. that Marie has Moyamoya. Maire also has Down Syndrome we are awaiting appoitment to see Neurosurgeon. Could you please give me some info.

Many thanks
                               Michelle (mum)

IP Logged

markppearson
New Poster

Westgate-on-Sea, United_Kingdom
Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2008 at 9:04am

Hi Michelle,

What would you like to know? Info about GOSH, Mr Thompson, Moyamoya or just general??

What I will say is when we was first told Grant suffered from Moyamoya, its like having your world fall apart around you and your heart ripped out!

It is a very worrying time initially, and you cant help but think or try to recall "what did I do, was it something we (parents) done to cause this", as it is supposed to be a genetic disorder. No one can comprehend the pain or worry you go through, as it is such a rare condition in the UK.

If you would like any info, please feel free to ask or you can even contact me via MSN so you could chat 'live' if you wish to any of the family. (My MSN Messenger address is the same as my registered email address on here.)

Finally, rest assured, there is help out there and on here also. Although like I said earlier, its a rare condition, the a 'family' of very helpful and knowledgable people still left in this country.

Kindest regards to you and all your family.

Mark (Dad) Wink

markppearson markmtg  
IP Logged

Jam
New Poster

My son has Moya Moya.

Birmingham, United_Kingdom
Reply #3 - May 15th, 2009 at 1:05pm

My son had an operation under him on 27th April 2009. There was some complication, a TIA, but it has resolved.

The staff, consultant and the personnel at Great Ormond Street Hospital are excellent, polite and supportive. Even non medical staff are friendly which says a lot about the atmosphere there. There are resources for the children, lots of DVD's etc.

I do not regret choosing Dr Thompson over going to Birmingham Childrens Hospital. Sometimes you just have to choose the better option....

Jam

IP Logged

amy
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

floydada, USA, usa, 229, 215
Reply #4 - May 29th, 2009 at 11:43am

i had my surgeries in 2001 and Dr. Harold SMith in Lubbock texas sis both of them.  i had a stroke after the first surgery on the left side .  i still deal with complecations every day but, i think that just goes along with the disease.

amy stewart

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge