Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dr. Arthur L. Day - Boston, MA (Read 11106 times)
kermistris
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Portsmouth, USA, NH, New_Hampshire
Dr. Arthur L. Day - Boston, MA
Apr 10th, 2006 at 2:19pm

He's at Brigham & Women's hospital in Boston, MA.  He saved my life! Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2006 at 1:43pm by DJ »  

IP Logged

Rogueboy0138
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: Dr. Arthur L. Day - Boston, MA
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 12:35pm

I have been recommended to him by Dr Michael Scott if he decides I should go for surgery...
Was wondering if you could tell me your experiences with Dr Day...
Thanks
Tony D

IP Logged

pegbwolfe
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2009 at 6:31pm

I had a stroke in 1980 at the age of 21. I was the 21st known case of moya moya in the United States. I was refered to Dr. Arthur Day when he was in Florida he was a neurosurgeon at Shands Teaching Hospital in Gainesville, Florida. I had 4 arterial bypasses on the right side of my brain. Dr. Arthur day perfomered my surgery and saved my life!!! The last surgery that he performed on me was microsurgery that lasted 18 hours. I have moya moya on both sides of my brain but have had no problems with the left side THANK GOD. if anyone has questions e-mail me at pblaine@atlas.valenciacc.edu and please put in the subject moya moya Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Michele
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Yankton, USA, SD, South_Dakota
Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 5:06pm

Thanks for the historical  perspective!  Knowing how many MMers there are now diagnosed,  comparatively to only 21 in 1980...this is either an explosive epidemic or people are getting educated and finally properly diagnosed.  Hurray for education and proper diagnosis!  Grin
I would love to hear more of your story!  Any Doctor with 29 years experience at anything sounds like a good one!  Can I ask how it was that you had 4 surgeries on one side?  I didn't think that was possible!
God Bless You All
Michele
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2009 at 5:09pm by Michele »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge