Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MM surgeries and fighting the red tape (Read 4285 times)
Mar
Ex Member

MM surgeries and fighting the red tape
Oct 4th, 2009 at 7:56am

Another wonderful outcome, thank God, but again it only shows that you have to be aggressive and do whatever it takes to get the proper treatment with MMD.

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/article/20091004/NEWS01/910040334/1002/Johnstown-10-year-old-recuperating-after-surgery-for-rare-brain-condition

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Re: MM surgeries and fighting the red tape
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2009 at 10:45am

Mar,

Thanks for sharing Jonathon Cromwell's story and successful outcome.

Deann, Jonathon's mother, possted on the Guest Book back in June requesting input to her questions on MM surgery. The Cromwell family lives only about 20 miles from me.

Although Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio is an excellent facility and has successfully treated many children and saved lives, I was disappointed to learn there is still a lack of knowledge in the medical community regarding MoyaMoya and that 5 years after my struggle getting Cubbie properly diagnosed and treated, MM continues to be a struggle in this community. That said, I was relieved to learn that Jonathon was able to get to Stanford and be successfully treated by Dr. Steinberg with the help of many in the community, including the Governor.

I can only hope this article helps to bring attention to this disease and more medical professionals in this community will take note and take a genuine interst in this disease so MM patients can be diagnosed and treated in a timely fashion without devastating consequences.

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge