Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Introduction (Read 4297 times)
Patricksmom
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Introduction
Apr 25th, 2011 at 11:32am

Hi all.  Just joined the group a day or two ago, but this is the first time I could find time to post.  I have four children in total, the younger two twins now 9 years old.  One of the twins, Patrick, has a long medical history.  To sum it up, he has spastic diplegic cerebral palsy and shunted hydrocephalus.  In February he had a couple of seizures for the first time.  Lots of visits to the ER, CT scans, x-rays, EEG, etc. until his neurologist ordered an MRI.  That's when we got the devastating news that he might have Moyamoya, now confirmed from an MRA and cerebral angiogram.  Luckily we live within pretty close driving distance to Children's Hospital Boston, so we are obviously seeing Dr. Smith and Dr. Scott.  His surgery is scheduled for May 6.  He has Moyamoya on both sides, but interestingly, we found out from his angiogram that he already has a whole new network of blood vessels on the right side (the side that shows 2 strokes, and is also the side with the shunt), so I'm not sure what they will do now.

Anyway, glad to find a group I can talk to!

IP Logged

momkaren
Experienced Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: Introduction
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2011 at 12:41pm

Wow, that's a lot to handle! I have a son with Down Syndrome, and Autism and just diagnosed with Moyamoya.

It's great that you are so close to Children's Hospital in Boston. I have read nothing but great things about the hospital and doctors. Hopefully, I will also be travelling there from Philadelphia to have them treat my son.

Good luck and best wishes to your son and family. He will be in great hands from what I hear.

Karen

IP Logged

yunnanababy
Experienced Poster

My daughter had her surgeries
in October 2009

Indianapolis, IN  USA
Re: Introduction
Reply #2 - May 6th, 2011 at 10:58am

Patricksmom,

Thinking of you today as your son has his surgery.  He will be in my prayers, as will you & your family.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Mom to an 9.5 y/o ballerina/guitar player with MMD & an 11.5 y/o gymnast/cross country runner/swimmer!
www.caringbridge.org/visit/rubymaejingli
WWW 1422039771&ref=profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge