Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vision blurry, lost vision (Read 4274 times)
sheida
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Baltimore
Vision blurry, lost vision
Feb 23rd, 2012 at 1:08pm

My daughter is 9 years old.  She diagnosed with Moyamoya when she was 5.  My daughter is from Korea.  She underwent 3 surgeries.  About 1 1/2 years ago she complaints of transient blurry vision.  She is being followed up by neuro-ophth.  In last 2 weeks her field of vision is disturbed, she complains that she can not see at corner of her eyes.  Does anybody have same symptoms.Cry

sheida.reimel1 sheida reimel  
IP Logged

Corinne
New Poster

Lindsey

Breaux Bridge, LA
Re: Vision blurry, lost vision
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 7:20pm

My daughter had the same problems.  She would get blurry vision in her left eye and sometimes would lose vision for a little while.  Her vision episodes would come and go and last about 30 minutes or so when then happened.  She no longer has this issue since her carotid surgery in her neck.  My daughter also had blockage internal carotid arteries in the front of her neck which is unusual.  She ended up having a carotid endarterectomy on her right side.  The left side is also blocked but the arteries are too small to fix.  You may have them check your daughters carotids in her neck also. My daughter had carotid surgery in 2009 and moyamoya surgery in March 2010.

Mom of Lindsey who has Down Syndrome diagnosed with MMD at 22 Years Old in 2010

IP Logged

sheida
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Baltimore
Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 9:47am

Well we are at John Hopkins now for my daughter angiogram and MRI, this is for her blurry vision/partial field of vision lost and the effectivity of her third surgery (using scalp for indirect revascularization).  I hope this answer your questions.

sheida.reimel1 sheida reimel  
IP Logged

ladybug3
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 1:51am

I have blurry vision as an adult in my mid 20s!!  I had surgery 6 years ago, but havent been able to get a check up in four years due to lack of insurance and finances.  Glad I'm not alone in this one. It sometimes takes me about 6 hours to wake up before the fog/migraine and blurry vision lifts.  I am korean, too. Adopted!  Are there doctors in Korea experienced with moyamoya? : )

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge