Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MoyaMoya "like" symptoms. (Read 3181 times)
Kathymc
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

massachusetts
MoyaMoya "like" symptoms.
Mar 22nd, 2012 at 9:51pm

Has anyone been told by a different doctor than one that did the surgery that "you don't have moyamoya, just symptoms like them"? Has anyone also mentioned to you that if you do have moyamoya that means you have blood bleeds in the brain? Today I was told this, although when I first went to my surgeon Dr. Day, he told me in fact that it was moyamoya and did my surgery 20 days later. Now I'm told that another STA-MCA won't work for me that I need to have a "High Flow" Bypass, has anyone come across this in their treatment?

IP Logged

msreader
New Poster

Brain (trouble), brain
(trouble) go away!

Re: MoyaMoya "like" symptoms.
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 9:34pm

I have not yet had the surgery, but the neurosurgeon I consulted said something similar. He said it may not be "actual" moyamoya, but the effects are the same, I still have a blockage, and the treatment is the same. A high-flow procedure wasn't discussed. He said the bypass he would do, or refer me for, is a low-flow procedure.

IP Logged

Kathymc
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

massachusetts
Re: MoyaMoya "like" symptoms.
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 1:33am

Where are you having your surgery? The Neurosurgeon that I saw in Boston said he knows of 2 doctors that will do a "high flow bypass" one is in Seattle and the other in Saint Louis, which I'm not sure that my husband and I can afford to go such a distance since were in Massachusetts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge