Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Symptoms coming back (Read 4789 times)
JennyG
New Poster

I'm 19 & Have MMD, and
Rocking Every Minute!

Symptoms coming back
Oct 23rd, 2012 at 4:33pm

Hello everyone,
I have had 2 brain surgery's on the left side of my brain. After the first brain surgery I was doing really good then started stuttering, involuntary arm movements, and my old symptom's came back. They tried to say it was Conversion Disorder, that it was in my head, had nothing to do with Moyamoya. Then when I finally got the second surgery they noticed no blood flow to the back of my brain on the left side which caused my symptoms. I was relieved that it wasn't all in my head. I started College, living in the dorms. I sleep at least 10 hours, have rest periods between classes so that nothing else goes wrong. I started stuttering and extreme dizziness again. That ended after 2 weeks. Now I have a horrible headache that radiates through the front of my face, I can feel it in my teeth. It starts in my forehead. My right arm is tensing up, usually after a while it starts involuntarily moving. My biggest fear is that this time what if it is my body giving me symptoms without it being Moyamoya. I don't know if it is just coincidence that I had my second brain surgery in January and now my symptoms are coming back. Or maybe college is stressing me out without me even knowing it. In your opinion should I leave it and hope it goes away or should I go to the doctors? Nobody took me seriously after they put Conversion disorder on me, and even though they found out that it wasn't Conversion Disorder, I have a feeling that the stigma of it will still be there. Thank you all who reply.
-Jenny

Wearing A Red Jacket In A World Of Black And White! And They Say 'Normalcy' Is My Middle Name.

IP Logged

hrsridermom
Senior Poster

mother of 19 yr old daughter
with MMD

Tampa, USA, FL, Florida
Re: Symptoms coming back
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 10:10am

Jenny, sorry to hear you have symptoms again.  It could be a combination of things and school can certainly be causing stress but a check-up probably wouldn't hurt.  Just be firm with the doctors if they try to pull the conversion thing on you.  Sounds like you are doing a better job with resting than Destin is at school.  She is still having headaches and tingling in her face and hands.  We have an appointment with her neuro doc on Thursday.  Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon.

Destin's mom

IP Logged

pamR
Junior Poster

mom of 15 yr old twins,
one with MM

Sellersville, PA
Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2012 at 2:08pm

Hi Jenny and Donna!! I cant believe you have symptoms again! Did you have the other side checked? I can't remember. Anyway, listen to Donna and get a check up soon. Are you taking a baby aspirin every day? This might be nothing, but with your history I would get yourself to the doc.
  Donna, how is Destin?

IP Logged

hrsridermom
Senior Poster

mother of 19 yr old daughter
with MMD

Tampa, USA, FL, Florida
Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 11:20am

Hi Pam, she is going in for another CTAngio on Friday.  she's having some symptoms of tingling in her face and hands.  she will sometimes just get an sudden overall feeling of weakness.  Her doctor wants to see if the left side has progressed.  Other than that, she is enjoying college and living in the dorm.
How are Courtney and Cassidy...and you?

Destin's mom

IP Logged

pamR
Junior Poster

mom of 15 yr old twins,
one with MM

Sellersville, PA
Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 9:52am

So glad she is enjoying school!! We have just started looking, but we have another year. Everybody here is good. Can't complain! Have you heard anything about next years gathering? Hope the angio went well!!

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

new braunfels, USA, usa, 279, 285, TX, Texas
Reply #5 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 9:23am

My daughter also has been having TIA's for the last month as well as weakness and numbness in her left arm and leg.  Her BP has been pretty low and medication hasn't helped.  We saw Dr. Steinberg last week and he ordered another Angio and CT profusion.  It was scheduled for Jan. but they are working on getting them moved up because symptoms persist Sad  Good luck to you all!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge