Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Moyamoya Care Packages (Read 5256 times)
Holly
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Moyamoya Care Packages
Jan 4th, 2013 at 11:49pm

Hello MMD Family. It’s me Holly. I was diagnosed and treated for Moyamoya at the age of 9 almost 9 years ago and as some of you may know I am a senior in high school this year (Finally made it!!), and at my school we are required to complete a self designed senior project that will benefit a community. I chose to benefit the MMD community and decided on making care packages for people with Moyamoya disease. I am selling awareness bracelets for $2 each and accepting donations. I have received a few donations but am short on money and patients. If you or someone you know would like to donate see the attached link, and Thank you. Also if you just had or are having surgery soon please, please let me know so I can arrange for you to receive a care package. Completing 10 care packages is considered complete for my project and completion is a graduation requirement. It is also a very important cause to me and I would like to help as many, but more than 10, patients  Thank you soo much for your support, and I hope you are all doing well. If you have any further questions you can contact me here or on facebook or by email at hobenholly@yahoo.com Also if you could please share the attached donation link for gofundme and the article link on my project.  Smiley Smiley

Gofundme Link for Donations:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Article link about me and my project:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Thank you for your time and support,
Holly Hoben

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

new braunfels, USA, usa, 279, 285, TX, Texas
Re: Moyamoya Care Packages
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 11:39am

I just wanted to say that I'm proud of you Holly for doing this as your Senior Project.  I'm glad you are getting the support you need for the project and I'm happy for you that you are getting to do this for fellow MM'ers...I know you have wanted to for so long.  Keep up the good work..love you!!

Mom

IP Logged

Robill
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2013 at 6:41pm

Holly, Hi, I am just discovering the long journey I'm going to have to take, I would love a care package.....I'm not sure where the road may lead, but this site has already given me hope!!!  I am also going to donate to your cause, What a selfless act!!!
Thank You!  Laura
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2013 at 6:46pm by Robill »  

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 9:13pm

Hi Holly....just giving you a little bump up to the top! Your fundraiser is growing slowly, but steadily and I hope you will come close to your goal as it is such a neat project and close to your heart : )

your MM buddy Diane (Khatib)

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

Holly
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #4 - Mar 10th, 2013 at 10:20am

hi laura,

just confirming that your are the same laura i am communicating with through email??

Diane,

Thank you for commenting on this, seems its not getting noticed as much here. Guess ill go on the hunt for patients if you hear of any send them my way or let me know please! Thanks for your support. I hope you and your family are all well!  Smiley

IP Logged

Karen Wilson
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 12:23pm

Moya Moya disease doesn't get a lot of attention, unless you or someone you love is diagnosed with it.  My son was diagnosed after having a stroke.  He's had about 6 surgeries-so many I've lost count, his prognosis is not good.  He's in a coma, we've taken him off the ventilator and feeding tubes.  There's no chance of recovery, we're just waiting for his heart to stop.  It's been a short, valiant battle for him and everything happened so fast it's hard to make any sense of it and even harder to deal with the grief, anger and heartache.  From such a vital young man (38 yrs) to this. 

IP Logged

pritzlm
New Poster

I Love MM.com! Mom to
Darien and 4 others

Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 12:51pm

Karen I'm so sorry to hear this.  My heart goes out to you.  Sending you prayers and hugs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge