Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What 2 Do ??? (Read 3246 times)
Hawaii Born
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

What 2 Do ???
Jan 12th, 2013 at 11:54am

So the story goes back in Aug 2012 I was told it was MM so I sent my test results to standford for my 2nd opinion since they see this kind if stuff on an everyday basis. Dr. and team reviewed and got back to me and said it is MM. Knowing from a friend who went through the surgery and reading up about MM I was planning on going and having surgery done, but my 2 neurologist here on Oahu said I should wait cause I'm on aspirin now and I should wait to see if that helps with blood flow and since I haven't had a TIA in a months I shouldn't just rush to do surgery. All I been having is alot of headaches and just been tired but no TIA. They also said I may have what is called a MM pattern. So basically they said if I haven't and don't get the TIA on a regular then I should wait to see if the aspirin will help. Oh they said a couple of people who were diag. with MM and haven't had the surgery, hasn't gotten an episode in over 20yrs. Not sure what to do or think of this any feed back would be great.

Mahalo & Aloha,
       Keahi

IP Logged

Kathymc
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

massachusetts
Re: What 2 Do ???
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2013 at 12:02am

Everyone is different. I would listen to the Doctors and not your friends. If you wait you need to be followed closely by a neurologist and have tests done. This is a progressive disease. I see my neurologist every 2 to 3 months and I did have a left side bypass back in 2009. Now I have blockage on my right side and center watershed area.

Kathy

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2013 at 12:24pm

I know you said your Dr.s there at home said to wait but what did the Dr.s at Stanford say. They said it's MM but did they make any suggestions about what your next step should be. If not I would certainly ask them for their opinion.Like you said they see MM everyday and I would trust their reccomendations. It is progressive, and no one knows how quickly or slowly it will progress in any person. My daughters was not very bad at the time of diagnosis but within 2 months she was having full blown seriouse strokes. She was not in good shape for the surgery and this created even more complications for her. We(Dr. Scott was her neurosurgeon) did not take a wait and see attitude but we did have to wait for her to recover from her first couple strokes and TIA's. There was no sign that ir would get so complicated so quickly. Please keep us posted.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Hawaii Born
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 1:03am

Thank you guys for the response to my post I appreciate it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge