Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Returning symptoms (Read 2988 times)
Laura winrow
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Returning symptoms
Mar 6th, 2013 at 3:57am

Hi My daughter was diagnoised with MM back in 1998 and she underwent 2 EDAS procedures and multi burr holes she was well after both although she suffers from cronic migrane and restless leg syndrone for which medication is given and after many years seems to control the pain.
We have now noticed the last two years she is starting to struggle with her speach and co ordination and extremley tired she has to go to bed for days on end  she has many anaflatic shocks which the cause is un known. Doctors in the UK are very much of the attitude once operations are done it fine and no furhter treatment needed. does anyone have any information of this happening to other MM suffers and has any one had any advice on checks many years after surgery.
My daughter is now 23 and struggles to be able to plan anything as she never knows how she is going to be day to day. Doctors seem to think this is down to medication but i feel deep down its something more. The UK have a very very small number of suffers

IP Logged

momof2
New Poster

I love my kids!

Orofino, USA, ID, Idaho
Re: Returning symptoms
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 11:56am

I know this isn't of much help but my daughter had surgery in 2003 and for the last couple of years she has had several issues and lately been extremely fatigued and trouble forming words and other stroke like symptoms.  We just had an angiogram done locally and are now waiting to find out more info to see if anything else can be done as we have been told the same thing that once the first surgery is done they wont do another for fear of having a reverse effect.  However we have found that the first surgery of my daughters didn't actually take the way it was supposed to.  Best of luck to you and your daughter and I will post on here what we find out, and if anything further can be done.

Take it one day at a time.  God only hands us what he knows we can deal with.
momof2 mikeys_girl94  
IP Logged

lsuvia
Junior Poster

Diagnosed w/MM on 8/2005

Oceanside, USA, usa, 62, 227, CA, California
Re: Returning symptoms
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 1:09am

Hi, I had left & right bypass surgeries in 2007.  About a year ago I began to mix up words in a sentence occasionally.  My husband thought it was related to moyamoya.  About month ago, I was having more difficulty getting words from my brain to my mouth, getting my left/right and yes/no mixed up.  I called Stanford, they recommended I get an MRI and angiogram done.  They're looking for evidence of a stroke.  I will keep you posted...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge