Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone in St. Louis area? (Read 3296 times)
dlw1967
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

ilex, Missouri  United States
Anyone in St. Louis area?
Jul 18th, 2013 at 6:49pm

I was recently diagnosed with MM and would like to talk to someone else who has MM. I have not had any strokes or anything that drastic as of yet. Does this disease progress quickly or over years?

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Re: Anyone in St. Louis area?
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 10:43am

Progression rates can be different from patient to patient. I would recommend to not make hasty decisions, but not to sweep it under the carpet, either. Try to educate yourself as best as possible, then move forward with your decisions. Having a doctor with a lot of moyamoya experience is high on the list of things to ask about. Ideally, you want someone who can tell you about their patients' long term outcomes.

By any chance, are you on Facebook? There is a decent size group of people on the World Moyamoya Day - May 6th page. People are being encouraged to connect with others in their geographical area, for support and awareness purposes. If you are on Facebook, you might give it a try. Good luck!

Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge