Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dizziness (Read 5488 times)
Emily
Senior Poster

Diagnosed Oct 2005. Direct
bypasses: Nov 05 Apr

Brisbane, Australia
Dizziness
Jan 24th, 2014 at 2:07am

Not really looking for advice/answers just venting... I'm a bit of an old hand.. 9 years post diagnosis and 8/9 years post op..
Still on yearly check ups (MRI/MRA's) and daily aspirin + plavix and over the last 4-5 months I've been experiencing increased headaches and (worse) far-too-frequent dizzy episodes.. Not loving it.. Have been checking blood pressure and blood sugar levels - which have been fine.. My yearly check ups show progressively decreasing cerebral perfusion... Awesome Undecided

That's all....

WWW rubygrapefruit https://www.facebook.com/emily.pip  
IP Logged

zander
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: Dizziness
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 4:17pm

Sorry to hear that Sad did you have the direct or indirect bypass?

IP Logged

lostinkansas
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2014 at 6:36am

Dear Emily,

I just wanted to give you a word of support.  It has to be upsetting to have those symptoms and proven decreased blood  flow after all these years.  Is this a case of bilateral surgery, or blockage occurring on a side where you didn't have a bypass?  Did the doctor tell you what is causing the decreased blood flow?  Is stenosis occurring in the bypasses or in another location?  Regardless just know we understand how upsetting and worrisome this must be.

IP Logged

Ericka19
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 6:52pm

Hi Emily,

I'm still kind of a newbie to Moyamoya and all this stuff. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. I had surgery a year ago and I had a pretty rough TIA myself last week. I'm pretty frustrated myself. Hope you are feeling better.

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 2:02am

So sorry for your symptoms. I am 8yrs post (direct) STA-MCA and (indirect) EDAS on both my right & left sides. I too have been having increased dizziness and headaches. Unfortunately my recent testing has shown (MRI/MRA and Angiogram) that I have a NEW severe stenosis in my rt ICA that is causing poor flow to both the anterior and posterior branches.
We are awaiting the surgeons opionions at both Stanford and Cleveland Clinic as to what (if any) options I may have. On a positive note.....the angio shows that the STA-MCA on both sides is performing well. ??

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge