Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Periodic severe flare up symptoms with unchange MR (Read 3064 times)
sheida
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Baltimore
Periodic severe flare up symptoms with unchange MR
Oct 4th, 2014 at 6:17am

Hello everyone,
My daughter is 12 years old and adopted from Korea.  She had 3 surgeries for MMD and all successful.  Since April of this year, she gets a mild cold and then for weeks she has leg weakness, belly cramps and amazing fatigue.  In April it took her about 1 1/2 months to recover, she went to school for a month with crutches.  In April, her MRA was very good and no changes seen.  Since Sept 5th she started having the same thing but more severe.  She is still weak, goes to school with wheelchair and crutches, very weak.  In both episodes, we did a lot of lab work and tests like lime disease which all were normal.  Also her urine is very cloudy but normal, except protein in her urine.  Is anybody can help me? Is anybody has these flare ups? Cry Cry

sheida.reimel1 sheida reimel  
IP Logged

lostinkansas
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: Periodic severe flare up symptoms with unchange MR
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2014 at 12:05pm

I am so sorry to hear of your daughter's difficulties.  It's so hard to tell if subsequent illness is from moyamoya or something else.  You'll find many cases on here of people having troubles later.  If the MRA's don't show subsequent damage to the brain it's unlikely she is having TIA's (mini-strokes).  But I'm convinced they don't have the full picture of how this condition impacts the nervous system.  So, who knows?  I know that doesn't help, but just know you have supportive folks here.  I hope that continued tests show the problem!

IP Logged

sheida
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Baltimore
Re: Periodic severe flare up symptoms with unchange MR
Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 4:19pm

I have to agree with JRL, today my daughter can walk without her crutches after one and half months of severe weakness. We still don't know why.  There is much to discover with brain and MMD.  Thank you for your reply. Smiley

sheida.reimel1 sheida reimel  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge