Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Side Affects (Read 3448 times)
Kathy S
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Side Affects
Oct 19th, 2017 at 1:24pm

I have surgery 3 years ago I had direct and indirect surgery on my left side. My MRI came back that it's good and as of now I don't have to have the right side done yet. But I wanted to see if anyone is having the same issues as me. I feel the doctors are brushing my symptoms off. I already have tight and pain on my left side of my head and on the surgery area my head has a indent. I have weakness and pain in my right hand and foot. I am lightheaded even when laying down. There is never a day I feel normal. I have a new issues that my feet swell and feeling of burning but my feet are not hot to touch. It's painful and tingling that goes up to my knees now. I feel like I am going crazy because some things I read people say how great they feel after. I am tired all the time and depressed. I have to make myself get up to go to work. I don't know what else to do. Anyone having problems like this or something else?

IP Logged

corynski
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

lancing, tn
Re: Side Affects
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 1:39pm

greetings Kathy S....
It is not I but my son William (aged 46) who has moyamoya and many of the same problems you have.  He just called me asking for help and I don't know where to turn.  I have posted many previous thoughts and worries regarding William that you might research on this site, but briefly he had both sides of his head operated on 4 years ago and still is photosensitive and has ringing in his ears.  His medications don't really help, and he doesn't work now.  And it's been 4 years now since the operations, and he has also had a major heart surgery a year ago.  My mission at the moment is to try to help him, in whatever way I can.  He said his doctor cut off his medication and they just don't understand moya-moya... which is likely as no one seems to understand it.
William is in Lake Worth Florida and I am near Knoxville, Tn.  I just talked with a nurse in Nashville with Dr. Miracle and got him an appointment in Feb for a consultation.
Yes, please post and let me know more about your situation.

charley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge